Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
I was looking on the internet and found a place called Pro Am parts and accessories at 6125 Richmond in Houston. I called them and gave "Cliff" the part number 8805-1004 and he said he had 8 in stock. I have 4 on hold and am getting ready to drive down and get them in about 30 minutes. Price was quoted as 162.90 each. Sure hope they didn't make a mistake as I really hate to drive into Houston. That's why I live up here in Conroe. Traffic is getting bad enough up here that my wife wants to move to the hill country and I am starting to agree with her. FWIW, their phone number is (800) 847-5712. Will advise later after I get them if everything is correct. Have a good day!
C-U-L (old radio talk for see you later)
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #30

deSanford, the difference is in the valving to get the right combination of control and comfort. Some MHs ride differently than others or have more or less shocks. It appears that with more shocks on the MH the more they put "Comfort" on. With less shocks the more they recommend HD. So it appears to be based on the weight of the MH and how many shocks installed. For your MH if it is the same as a 2010 Cayman then they only offer HD part number 24-186582 for the front and 24-186599 for the rear.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
OK I got 'em. They are correct and there are 4 left. Now to cross my fingers and hope they will do all the magic they are supposed to. I won't know for several days as the dealer is still doing agreed upon repairs and mods.
Doug
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #32

Send a message via AIM to Stevepkam Send a message via Yahoo to Stevepkam
I meant to ask what type of shocks have Monaco Monarch owners switched to as these coaches are quite a bit lighter than the DP that most of you own.
Stevepkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #33

Steve, all three of the top shock companies will have valving that will match the weight of you MH for the correct ride. Like I have said in the past I seriously doublt that anyone can tell the difference between a Koni FSD and a Bilstein which is pretty well what is indicated in that test report. Both the Koni and the Bilsteins will last 100K+ miles. Can you tell what shocks are on it now?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #34

Send a message via AIM to Stevepkam Send a message via Yahoo to Stevepkam
Mike,
Albert ( the current monarch of Monaco) is currently at Simi RV getting repairs after being broken into at an RV storage area in Moorpark. 8 others were vandalized also.

The Simi RV service person says that Albert would have come with Monroes. We just bought the unit new in Jan 11. Has about 3,000 miles.
Stevepkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #35

Given other Monaco owners with Monroes and if Monroe hasn't changed anything then they should be good for another 12-14K miles.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #36

Just changed all 6 of my original equipment Spartan K2 shocks and the steer and drive axles had yellow Bilsteins and the tag had yellow Monroes. Don't figure. Best price for Koni's was Spartan Chassis's web retailer- RVChassis.com. And now they have a 10% off after I bought mine.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you Mike for the info on the shocks. My 2011 Monaco Cayman has 8 Monroes. This July I'm going to have RoadMaster sway bars installed front and rear. That should help the Monroes last a little longer, and help me keep control with less steering with high winds etc. With a high profile motorhome.... strong winds seem to push these coaches all over the road. Last trip from Desert Hot Springs we had to keep the speed down to about 35 miles an hour with a white knuckle grip on the steering wheel. Anyone off hand know what the warranty on Monroes is? deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
After reading all of the positive comments on the Bilsteins I decided to order 8 for my coach. I'll get them installed next week.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mine are yellow and are Monroe's. Replacing with bilsteins Tuesday.
Sticks4748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Heartland RV Club
I am planning on replacing my original yeoolow Monroe shocks, but having hard time getting Bilstein part numbers. Several websites say that Bllstein doesn't have a PN for a 2002 Diplomat 40DST which is on a R8RR chassis. May I ask who you are getting yours from and perhaps your part number ? Thanks in advance.
Schrimscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You can go to Bilsteins site and look them up. I think you will find them to be: BE5F627HO. Or go straight to Shox.com and call them. I just received mine for $79.00 Including shipping.

Gods speed.

Rich O
2002 Windsor, PBDD
Sticks4748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Sachs shocks

Could the best shocks be the ones that no one complains about? Sachs Shocks.