RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #1

Monaco has abandoned us

I just have to vent as I am so angry and livid with rage over the whole thing. Monaco basically shuts down except for a few very nice and informative service people (I feel for them and they have been nice to me and have referred me to a supplier when possible) leaves everyone--customers, dealers, service people holding the bag and literally down and out. You can't even get a response from the parts mailbox except for an automated Chapter 11--sorry....

Chapter 11 is supposed to mean business as usual....while reorganizing not just abandoning your customers for parts etc.

Fleetwood is 11 and parts is open....

I truly feel that we are all about to be legally sold down the river...putting up another post about CoachNet letter that came today.

Who else wants 10 minutes with Toolson? I feel for the employees and nice people on the phones..They are truly wanting to help...but higher up the chain, I feel there is more going on...

bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #2

Unfortunately getting mad, venting, etc is not going to change the situation, sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and make the best of it. You have a beautiful coach, enjoy it and life!! Lord knows there are lots of people in the world that have bigger worries than lack of support from their RV manufacture so I dont feel to sorry for us that do or soon will have a orphaned RV vendor.

Tony2

Old 03-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Chapter 11 does not mean business as usual, the Judge has to approve all expenditures and encumberances before Monaco can commit to the expense. That would mean paying a dealer for warranty repairs or ordering parts that they would have to pay for.

I assume if Monaco is really planning to exit Chapter 11 as an operating entity, they will ask the Judge to allow them to honor warranty claims. They have to submit a plan to the Judge for him/her to approve that shows how they can operate either going forward or during liquidation in preparation for a Chapter 7.

In other words, they are currently between a rock and a hard place. I am sure they would love to honor their warranty, but until the plan is submitted to the Judge on how they intend to proceed and the Judge approves it, they are not allowed to!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Monaco has over 400 million dollars in assets and about 200 million in debt. Their problem is lack of cash. Chapter 11 will allow them to restructure their debt and get back on the road to recovery. Country Coach has struck a deal and are coming back! Just give it some time to settle down. This will not happen overnight. I have worked with many companies who emerged stronger after Chapter 11. You think we coach owners have it bad just think how Kay feels. Having been a business owner the stress of this is killing him. Just give it a chance things will get better. Everything happens for a reason.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Postma View Post
You think we coach owners have it bad just think how Kay feels. Having been a business owner the stress of this is killing him. Just give it a chance things will get better. Everything happens for a reason.
I think it would have been in Kay's best interest to talk to the current coach owners and try to let us understand what is happening with Monaco. To be silence about the situtation and just let the cards fall where they will doesn't sit well with us.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'm a little confused by these posts. We all suffer over the loss of Monaco if they don't come back, but I can't see being upset that a part can't be ordered or service can't be had when this is really the least of the country's problems. Businesses are failing everywhere and people are losing their jobs and HOMES. Most of us on this forum are still out travelling in our RV's. Should we really be complaining?

I'm sure Kay Toolson would love to talk to the Monaco owners, but what would he tell them. Should he talk about how the company is failing and can't be fixed so that no one will ever think about buying it or salvaging it. Or, should he paint a rosey picture of a prosperous Monaco Corp, which he can't.

The only people really getting the shaft are the ones who are still under the ONE year Monaco warranty and are having problems with Monaco made items. Everyone else is still covered by other warranties.

When I bought my coach I was pleasantly surprised to receive the free year of CoachNet. It was a nice plus from Monaco and I'm sure it was a great way to introduce people to CoachNet. (Just like when you get free Sirius or XM radio with a car purchase).

I pay for CoachNet every year and I certainly wouldn't have been too upset if I lost a partial year of the $99.00 policy after purchasing my $200,000.00 coach.

I think we need to put things in perspective and be glad we have the ability to still use our coaches. There is one bright spot. In the next few years your coach may become more valuable when the economy improves and there is a shortage of nice coaches. All of ours may hold their value a little longer until production can catch up!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #7

Thanks Don,

I lost my job Jan 5th and sorry to say not much out there for me at this time in my area and relocation is out of the question. I still plan to use our motorhome (still making payments too) as much as the last couple of years. The life style cannot be beat. I am very thankful my wife has a good job and we will make it. Your glimmer of hope as to resale value a few years down the road gives us hope. We do like our Endeavor very much and enjoy life as we travel down the road.

Ed
Old 03-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo
HI All,

I don't understand the anger. The only people Monaco needs to report to are the shareholders not the owners. You purchased the products but Monaco has no obligations to inform us about anything. We own the products not the stock of Monaco.

I am sure Monaco does not like the situation they are in any more than we do. But most lawyers will probably tell Monaco to just do what is has to do behind closed doors. We can see it every day how rumors pop up here or at the open road forum and those rumors can sometimes hurt even more.

ED S, I am very sorry to hear about your job loss. I am also glad to hear that you will be OK on just one income. My wife and I are lucky to both have safe jobs. My wife works for the deputy mayors office and I am a service tech for a medical devices manufacturer AND we are still hiring. I hope things will turn around for you.

Cheers

gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote