Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #1

Monaco Headlights

I own a 2004 Monaco Signature.
The front head lights and assembly need to be replaced.
Does anyone know which auto manufacturer supplied the headlights for this 2004 coach?
jvdb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2015, 05:44 PM   #2

I believe they are 2003 BMW 525i headlights. I restored mine hazy lights with Meguires Headlight Restoration Kit.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #3

How long ago did you do that, Mike? And are you still happy with the results?
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #4

I have used two different headlight restoration kits with great success. On the race car tow vehicle which had super bad headlights I used the 3M kit which was really aggressive and did a great job as long as you follow the instructions exactly. The Sig headlights were not as bad so I used the Meguires kit about a year ago and they still look great.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have a copy of the Monacoers Yahoo Forum Parts Listing and it does list the headlight coming from a

2001-2003 BMW 525i

I would google this and see what they look like to confirm.

After trying to restore my headlights I replaced both headlights on my 2002 Windsor ~5 years ago. I just checked multiple venders on Froogle.com (shopping site for google and also checked ebay.

I just bought a set of tail lights after I broke one.

AutoPartsWarehouse.com which had them listed on Ebay.

Good Luck
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:58 PM   #6

Jim
Might give this a try must be 40% and if it does not work you will have it for ticks, black flies, it worked on mine. Used an old sock and a rubber glove.
Repel Insect Repellent, Sportsmen Max, 40% Deet | drugstore.com
or this makes my rims look new plus it works on the lens covers,
used a cotton ball on a drill.
Blue Magic 400 Metal Polish Cream 07 Oz.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Forget the "easy fixes". I have had very good success with all kinds of plastic head lamps doing it this way.
1) wet sand with 1000 work your way up 2500+ grit sand paper. sand till all the yellowing is gone. i have dropped down to 800 on the old ford glass lens look alike but i would be carefuller with the clear type.
2) With a buffer use rubbing compound to start to bring back the clear look.
3) again with a power buffer use polishing compound.
4) use a good plastic conditioner or wax to help fight the yellowing from returning
repeat 2 and 3 till your happy with the results
Old 01-04-2015, 01:31 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I bought a headlight restoration kit made by 3M and used it on the headlights of our toad - a Saturn Vue.

I was sceptical about the outcome even before starting, but after that the job was finished this was put to shame. It really works well.

However - this is not a job where you just wipe the headlights with a damp cloth that contains some "miracle stuff". This process takes elbow-grease, especially for the first 2 stages where the cloudy layer is removed from the headlight. The result once you are done cannot be argued with, providing that you put some work into it. Our headlights are like new after that treatment.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:56 AM   #9

I use a product sold by ace hardware called the tannery. Comes in a aerosol can. I had a Grady white fishing boar with full enclosure. The clear plastic had started to yellow. Sprayed the tannery on which comes out in a white foam. This stuff is truly amazing. It penetrates into the plastic took all the yellow out and left the hard plastic nice and soft. Tried on my buddies golf cart top. You could not see out back window. This stuff removed all the sun yellowing and made it nice and clear. After this I decided it should work on headlight covers. Sure enough does a real nice job. Spray it on and gently wipe with clean cloth . Wipe gently and allow it to work into plastic. After about two applications the yellow will be on the cloth. Great stuff
tomusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:34 AM   #10

If you do decide to replace, your going to remove the lights anyway so sand the lenses down with 1000 grit paper and spray 2 coats of krylon clear fusion paint on them. Fusion is made to bond better to plastics. this will put a like new finish on them. I did this on our last coach and they still looked new 3 yrs later when we traded it in. very simple process.

Jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:53 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
deep woods off also will clear a lens too. just spray and wipe. The stuff is amazing.
scep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, monaco