RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdave View Post
Could they use the ISX12 it is listed as 450 - 500 HP and weights 2,888 lbs.
They could but I'm sure that given Navistar's problems the RV division is under considerable pressure to use the available Navistar engine. Performance wise it is very similar to the ISX13, it is still a few hundred pounds lighter and has the highest hp/liter compression brake available.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Kind of have to agree with ya on that Steve, just can't see them using another manufactures engine when they make there own. Let's just hope that going to DEF on the MF 13 works out good for them.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Boge513, The picture you posted looks great. I'm not sure if you found this picture on the web or took it at the Kentucky RV show? Do you have any other pictures of the new Dynasty you could post?
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Nickels View Post
Boge513, The picture you posted looks great. I'm not sure if you found this picture on the web or took it at the Kentucky RV show? Do you have any other pictures of the new Dynasty you could post?
The picture was posted on IRV2's Facebook page. I only saw one picture. Hopefully, whoever took that picture will post more for us.
boge513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #19

Apparently that Dynasty will be called a Dynasty Jr. and some time this summer they will be introducing a Dynasty Classic with a real engine. The ISX. The Classic will look like previous Dynasty's and will not have the Locomotive look. Why is this sounding like Edsel?
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
Apparently that Dynasty will be called a Dynasty Jr. and some time this summer they will be introducing a Dynasty Classic with a real engine. The ISX. The Classic will look like previous Dynasty's and will not have the Locomotive look. Why is this sounding like Edsel?

Moshieh you added a good chuckle to my morning
Old 12-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #21

Traps: Normally that post would have been in jest but when iit comes to Navistar I was serious. I have no way of confirming it is true. I found these 2 posts in another forum. My reference to Edsel is due to Naivistar taking the name of a luxury coach and turning it into something not worthy of the Dynasty nomenclature. Cadillac did the same thing back in the 80's. Big mistake. Luxry vehicles have to be almost decadent. EVerything to extremes. The best appliances and features not available in lower priced coaches. Dynasty's and Sig's have always been that way. But to put a Navistar powerplant that has a horrible reputation and smacks of an econmoy coach into a Dynasty kills the whole concept of luxury. The lst few Dynasty's that Navistar built were 45 ft. The Navistar power will make that unit a dog.
Moisheh

"Mike Snell tells me that Navistar RV is building two dynasty units.
> Launching a dynasty JR with a max force 13 and introducing the Dynasty Classic
> next summer with the ISX The Classic will have the same caps as the units
> we built last summer."

"This scenario makes sense. At the Navistar rally in Prattville in Sept, both
Mike and Bill Osborne talked about the Dynasty being introduced in late spring
of '13 powered by the ISX. A new " luxury coach" in the works to be introduced
at the Louisville show. They did not put a name on this coach."
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Well Moisheh either way it was good for a chuckle, I have to be the first to admit a new Dynasty is out of our price range and I have not followed or shown that much interest in it, to really have much of an opinion either way.

While some may prefer the traditional look, I personally do like the looks of the new Monaco front ends, they are to me refreshingly different and have a distinctive look. Walk by one a crowed rv show and you can immediately spot them without having to really take a look to make sure what your seeing as with many of the others.

I also liked the revised and new front ends that Winnebago brought out on the Tour/Ellipse models. We occasionally drive by a Winnie dealer that's a couple hundred yards off the highway, and you can easly spot them fom the highway now compared to the Berkshire/Charleston models they also sell.

Just my .02 worth of opinion.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #23

I'm having trouble understanding the level of negativity generated by one fairly generic pic, a press release and a off hand comment from Mike Snell calling this new coach "Dynasty Jr". I would be extremely surprised if the coach is actually called that.

Navistar is obviously making an effort to leverage owner loyalty and name recognition to their advantage. We are making mostly unsubstantiated assumptions about what these coaches are actually going to be.

The Navistar MF13 does not have a overall bad reputation. I think you can say that the MF13s they built with the enhanced EGR were problematic. MAN designed the MF13 in the European market and its now equipped with a DEF system. This configuration should be no more of an issue than all the other DEF equipped diesels. It's been a proven technology in Europe for some time but most of our engines have not been equipped with these systems for long. The Dynasty had been produced for several years with the Cummings ISL and an optional ISM in some coaches. The MF13 should certainly perform on a level with those engines. We tend to forget the issues that Cummins & Cat have had in the last 10 years. Could any owner with an ISL built which could have had the wrist pin issue have been happy with Cummins fix.

I suspect, when it all shakes out, the Dynasty Classic with be the top Monaco branded coach and configured around the Signature/Executive level. I also suspect there will be a Navigator as top HR coach as a bone to the loyal HR owners who, frankly have always exhibited a stronger brand loyalty than almost any other in the industry.

For myself, I have my perfect coach and I have zero interest in a new one. I am enjoying watching to evolution of the business. I think Navistar the parent made a very profound error by having no plan B and letting the CEO who did not have an engineering background set the direction. On the other hand, big companies have made plenty of bad decisions. Does anyone remember "New Coke".
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
For myself, I have my perfect coach and I have zero interest in a new one. I am enjoying watching to evolution of the business. I think Navistar the parent made a very profound error by having no plan B and letting the CEO who did not have an engineering background set the direction. On the other hand, big companies have made plenty of bad decisions. Does anyone remember "New Coke".
Well put Steve, and I gotta admit the new Coke was a big bad.
I also think that the future for diesels will be something other than adding Ureua. But time was not on there side to make this all happen in time to meet the reguirements set forth by the EPA.

The new Monaco is not trying to be the same as the old Monaco and things are changing, some will like the new direction and some will not embrace change.

We ordered a Diplomat, cause for us it had the best floorplan in the industry to meet our needs at a price point we could justify.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #25

Darth Vader look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boge513 View Post
Looks real to me.
This reminds me of Darth Vader, or the helmet worn by the little alien in bugs bunny cartoons who is always trying to destroy earth, but his weapons dont work well... Jr's engine ? And whats with the Diplomat stairs ? Does Jr mean a 45 footer without the luxury ? Picture appears to be artwork when clicked on and looked at closely. Flush slides would be a plus. Roofline looks nice. Lighted locomotive front is certainly distinctive, althought might be tough to keep clean of bugs. I certainly want them to build some new high end coachs and will go look for sure.Darth
geewizgeewiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco