Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2015, 03:26 PM   #29

Monaco leveling

My 09 has air leveling only. I position the coach, hit auto level, and when green turn off the motor, send out the slides and turn off the Valid power. The ride/leveling bags maintain level for months. The air tanks bleed down in a week or so. If we will be there a month or more, I empty the tanks on arrival.
Never purposely had a door or window open when moving the slides. Never made my ears pop!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #30

Ken
Your question arises quite often. The MCC Monaco company built a heck of a lot of different coaches each year, and asking how Monacos level is not gonna get just one right answer. Then there are those units with air leveling and of course that won't apply to the rest of us with hydraulic jacks only. And some coaches even have both. In order to avoid confusion, I suggest simply calling Monaco and having your coach number ready to give to the tech. Of course some changes are always made and, for instance, if you are wanting to know a specific fuse location in your coach, the fuse location the tech gives you might be off one or two spaces, but it will be close. And it will be in the bay, etc. the tech tells you it is. (The charts are printed just one time at the beginning of a model year and cannot keep up with changes made during the production run). As for opening a door or window when extending or retracting slides, that is clearly written in my manual. And so is the specific order in which leveling, dumping air, etc. are to be accomplished. It seems a number of folks don't read their manuals too closely or perhaps have lost them. Once again, why not call Monaco and get it from the horses mouth? Monaco is specific in that they do not want us to extend or retract our slides without the airbags inflated. And that may not apply to other Monacos. Its your coach and of course you do what you want, but it sure makes sense to me to follow the manufacturer's instructions. Most 'orphaned' coach owners don't have the luxury of getting parts, advice, etc. from their (long gone) manufacturers. But MCC built Monaco coaches as well as Navistar units do.

Tags
leveling, monaco