Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco monarch 33SFS

Looking to buy this model, found water and electric hookup, but did not see the normal sewer hookup. What I saw did not look like a normal push and twist sewer hookup. Can anyone clue me in?
Thank you,
Al Edwards
aedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedwards View Post
Looking to buy this model, found water and electric hookup, but did not see the normal sewer hookup. What I saw did not look like a normal push and twist sewer hookup. Can anyone clue me in?
Thank you,
Al Edwards
Well, I have a 34sbd. It is very similar to yours. The sewer connection is under the panel sort of towards the water filter canister. Mine is very standard, push and twist as you describe. Takes a standard sewer hose fitting.

Nice coach btw. Good luck with your purchase.
Bill
Billinwoodla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #3

We have a '11 monarch 33sdd. It came with a sani-con which is behind the wet bay panel w/a 1" fixed hose that then has a nozzle on the end that is placed in the dump connection. Sani-con requires some maintenance to keep it from clogging up.

Mark
2011 Monarch 33sdd
nmmarkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #4

You did not say what model year. I have a 2007 33 SFS. The dump is the standard configuration in the wet bay. Pull handles located on the lower left of the panel, connection point to the right. The design is very poor, as the actual slide valve (at least the black water) is way in toward the center of the coach and must be reached by laying on top of the tank. To add to the problem, it is not a standard off the shelf slide valve. I recommend adding an aftermarket valve at the outlet.

Other than that we love the coach and are completely satisfied with it. A great floor plan, tons of storage, very good basement storage. Additionally the single slide makes the patio area and awning much more usable than one with a curb side forward slide. We were looking at another coach recently and the awning was so high and unable to be tilted down, that in our opinion it was totally useless.

I would not hesitate to recommend the 33SFS.
JaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We are looking at a 2007, it looks like we will pick it up on Saturday. Thanks for the feedback.
Al Edwards
Old 04-10-2015, 01:24 PM   #6

Congratulations on the purchase. Which chassis is it on? Ours is the workhorse.

Had ours 4 wheel weighed, left front a bit heavy, but nothing is over loaded.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Chassis

Our's is a workhorse as well, it will be our second workhorse. Hope this one has better air flow around the engine compartment, had some problems with our Infinity.
Al Edwards
Old 04-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #8

We have had many tough uphills in hot weather while towing a CRV and have never seen the engine temp rise. Cannot imagine you will have a problem.

One thing I will advise again is to add the aftermarket slide valve at the dump output, even if you do not have a leakage problem now.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hi! We have a 2007 Monarch 33sfs - fabulous floorplan! We are looking to replace the glass in the entry door with a tinted glass. Unfortunately it does not appear to be a standard size like the Clear View entry kit. Has anyone found the glass replacement for this?
Bobschkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:44 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
33SFS

Thanks for all the feedback, since the previous owner passed away the unit sat for 3 years. Many problems had to be resolved including a full black holding tank, 6 dry rotted tires with only 18000 miles on them, had to replace both wiper arms and blades. We are now dealing with a dislodged slide gasket. Other then that we love the coach.
Al Edwards
Old 05-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #11

Glad to hear you are pleased with the Monarch. While replacing the slide topper we noticed a split in the top gasket so we replaced the gasket all the way around. Never saw a leak but we believe in preventive maintenance.

I have problems with the surround sound, but it has never been a high enough priority so spend much time looking at it.

Hope you enjoy the coach as much as we enjoy ours.

Tags
monaco