Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2018, 06:17 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco monarch slide retration

I have a question on the forum about trouble shooting my slide mechanisms. While trying everything...In the meantime, can someone instruct me how to MANUALLY extend or retract the slide. The living room slide is in the bin compartment directly below the room slide, the motor is easy to access, but from looking at a bunch of YouTube videos, this motor does not have a nut on the end to clamp a wrench onto. It is a monarch 30ppd. Electric motor. One end of the shaft that extends beyond the cog gear mechanism has a small hole in it...I was wondering if a metal screwdriver or something can be stuck through the hole and then manually turned? I have some documentation from Monarch, but absolutely nothing regarding the slides.
Thanks
Kiheilesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Release the brake level on the motor and try a crescent wrench of the square shaft. It will probably help to have another person or two put their shoulder into the side of the slide to help.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:10 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Monaco monarch manual slide retraction

Thanks for info. I will go look in the morning. From what I remember looking at when it was light, there was a motor bolted to the underside of the living room floor. There was no nut to wrench like some of the videos I saw. The round shaft went into the square shaft and had cotter pins on each end where it extended beyond the gears and track. I have no idea how to release any brake mechanism on the motor. Hey guys, I replaced the microwave motor, and so some minor electrical stuff, but I am not a mechanical girl!! Thanks
Old 02-17-2018, 06:55 AM   #4

Kiheilesley-

The coach's owner's manual should describe how to manually retract the slides. Ours does.

Online manuals are available at this link.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Manually retracting the slides

Thanks again Mark.
I will go to your link.
We got a nice file box with our coach with index tabs for appliances, and some systems, but it has NOTHING on the slides.
Cheers,
Lesley
Old 02-17-2018, 01:20 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Manual retraction of slide

Well unfortunately, ours is the model without a brake lever, so the manual says we will have to unbolt the motor from the bottom side of the floor, then take a crescent wrench to the shaft while ‘a coupe guys push’. That is gnarly since there are only the two of us, I guess time to call in Good Sam or other help.
Bah.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiheilesley View Post
Well unfortunately, ours is the model without a brake lever, so the manual says we will have to unbolt the motor from the bottom side of the floor, then take a crescent wrench to the shaft while ‘a coupe guys push’. That is gnarly since there are only the two of us, I guess time to call in Good Sam or other help.
Bah.
Bummer.

I'd go for it, though. The process to remove the motor sounds pretty simple. I think two people could push the slide in once the motor was disconnected. Then, one could hold it shut while the other bolted the motor back in place. If you have a mechanical slide lock, put that on for insurance.

If you find you can't do it, call for reinforcements. Not much to lose trying.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, slide