Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Drifter, sorry but this Rally "is not" a slap in the face, it's way much deeper than that... this is trying to reach Monaco's owners base....Maybe someone at the rally will tape the new "RV LLC Managers Public Relations Presentation" at the events... I'm almost certain that portion of the Rally will not reach our Monaco forum for general public consumption/view....
Wonder if Monaco RV LLC will offer up any new 2010 or concept coaches at the Rally...we know of a few used RR4R chassis looking to trade out. I'm still trying to hunt down a tag with IFS from the new Monaco RV LLC....especially any Camelot floorplan models.!
Monaco RV LLC (bean counters), want to see actual numbers....it's all about limiting exposure, tightening risks and reeping big rewards!...we coach owners already know about former loyality...so, its all business now and RV LLC better bring "MoJo Big Time Quality"! This Rally is what we call in the PR world "damage control".....
DocUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I sure wish that the people who have developed a major dislike for any company named Monaco would quit interjecting their negative comments on every topic. This started as a thread about a Rally now all it is is a gripe session for the Monaco haters. It would be nice if these people would start their own thread about how much they hate Monaco and leave other threads alone. Everyone has a right to voice there opinion but anyone who reads this forum on a regular bases, to talk with friends or learn new things, already knows the Monaco haters and their negative opinion. They opinions don't add to our discussions.
Sorry just needed to get this off my chest.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Even people with rose colored glasses don't always get there wishes coming true. You hate the car companies and I hate the motor home companies. The difference is only zero in the price!

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I don't hate either things just went bad for both generally through poor management. I know why folks hate the motor home companies they got screwed. I am just tired of hearing the rhetoric. We all made our decision based on available information things have changed lets move on. I love my motor home with all its flaws it lets me travel around this great country see nice places and meet nice people. I am done on this topic
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #33

Going to the Rally in Tucson

Hi, I guess i'm one of the 400+ going to Beaudry,s in October. Booked in late July.
The reason I'm going is not to buy a new moho, not to see how the new Monaco is doing, but only to see friends and enjoy the Tucson area. If there is any info available from any of the seminars that would be great, a bonus but not expected. I will have some service done, but only 1 item. I will use the occasion to benefit ourselves and our 05 Windsor.
We will not look at a new motorhome now or in the future, we are 65 yrs old and have a good well maintained coach and intend to keep it that way. The whole experience with the last year has made us realize that there are better things to spend our money on than another new moho. I believe a house in the south is in the future, but who knows.
I believe what I'm trying to say is that many of our RVing friends feel the same way and I suspect that moho manufacturers will have a long road back to where they were in 2007-8. Keeping an existing coach in good shape is far cheaper in the long run than a new one.
I prefer not to put down the manufacturers as it does nothing constructive, but I do understand the hard feelings. It is time to put down the pen and if you feel its necessary go and paint your units lemon colored and do a lot more to hurt Monaco or any of the many other manufacturers that went BK. In fact that may do more to bring attention to your plight than all the letter writing you can do..

Don Barber
D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #34

IT Dave and D Barber are correct. I too was upset over the way that Navistar handled the whole purchase. Fortunately I did not need any more warranty repairs. I am pleased that Navistar is offering tech support and some parts. What happened is now in the past. Life is too short to carry a lot of hate. Those who are unhappy should not intervene in every post with their beefs.I We will attend the rally and are looking forward to a good time!!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
So it seems that everbody can say what they want as long as it doesn't go against what some are thinking.
I'm very sorry that made you guy's think a little. You guy's are truly easy.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
The mud slinging and name calling has gone on long enough. I am getting enough complaints from many folks that are sick & tired of some folks interjecting negative comments in almost every thread.

Many of the members don't even want to come here to read or post because they feel they will be either attacked or have their thread hi-jacked.

All of us have some level of bitterness in regards to Monaco Coach filing bankruptcy - but there is nothing that can be done about it. It doesn't help to complain and poison every thread - the complaints here on the forum are not going to change anything.

I would like to make a couple of suggestions here...
  • Someone start a blog where they gather all the information in regards to trailing arms and possible recalls (Jim Stewart-you are the perfect person to do this.)
  • Start a thread called Monaco Whines. In this thread you can post all you want about the complaints -without the need to throw the barbs in someone's thread - unless it is specific to the topic asked. If you think you need to throw a complaint in a thread... put a post that LINKS it to your whine/complaint in the "Whine" thread. This will give people the option to read the complaint without subjecting all others to it.
I am going out on a limb here by making these suggestions - but this is supposed to be a forum to help others... to tell others how to fix things...for us to have fun here. So please...knock off the negative posts in every thread.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote