Originally Posted by zekegb
Latest issue of Family Motorcoaching (FMCA) had two articles on Monaco: 1) Review of 2015 Monaco Dynasty and 2) Starting from Scratch on how Monaco is going to be designed and built under Allied Recreation Group.
- Monaco at one time had a 32% share of the market.
- Refocus on Monaco as it was before Navistar.
- Monaco brand will be focused as primarily a diesel luxury brand.
- Next model will be a 2015 HR Vacationer.
- More products to be released in summer of 2014, then see how markets respond.
- ARG retained about 70 former Monaco employees mostly in design and engineering and they work in a separate engineering facility.
- ASV also moved the Monaco woodshop to Decatur retaining it as a dedicated Monaco brand materials provider for cabinetry.
Mike Snell: We went back to the traditional Monaco design that helped take our company to the highest point it's ever been. It's very different from the other ASV products down to the engine, lot of materials, the layout ... almost everything.
It will be interesting to see what develops. How will HR be different from Monaco? Will there ever be a Trek again?
The way I see it, any new coaches built by Allied Recreation Group will be ARG coaches, no mater what name plate
Allied Recreation Group puts on them.
A Monaco has not really been
a Monaco since 2010.... and Safaris have not been
Safaris since '01.... the list goes on!
My 2 cents.
'96 Safari Sahara