Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #1

Monaco service center Oregon

I have a 2006 Executive and had several good experiences at the former Monaco
service center in Oregon. Great employees that I hope they rehired. The hourly rate was less than the dealer for better work. Tell me about your current experiences with the new owners at Oregon. thanks
series60man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2014, 11:23 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We're there right now, while all of our work is warranty related, there are a number of people here for normal service, and I haven't heard of any complaints, other than the normal grumbling folks have with it taking to long. Some are waiting on parts though.

So far we have had great service and I would recommend them.

Should add I was never here when the original Monaco owned them, but have not noticed a lot of difference since ASV took over from Navistar
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by series60man View Post
I have a 2006 Executive and had several good experiences at the former Monaco
service center in Oregon. Great employees that I hope they rehired. The hourly rate was less than the dealer for better work. Tell me about your current experiences with the new owners at Oregon. thanks
I haven't been to the service center in OR, but I'd be remiss if I didn't make you aware of the folks at Elite Repair & Remodelling in Harrisburg, OR, just down the road a few miles from the Coburg service center. These ex-Monaco guys know my coach inside and out and have been a great resource for me. Any sort of remodeling or repair work especially on a pre-bankruptcy Monaco these guys are great. They changed out our Nocold fridge for a Samsung and did a fantastic job. We also had them fix our slide toppers (Resew and tighten). They replaced our big boy solenoid, installed a tire monitoring system and repaired a slide lock. I can't say enough good things about them and recommend that anyone check them out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:43 AM   #4

Ditto on Elite.
I used them last year to replace some cracked tiles and their work on that and some other items were outstanding.
Be sure to make an appointment, they are very good and very busy.
They also have a couple of hookups if you need to be there more than a day.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
X2 on all the above comments. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #6

We have used both Elite RV and Monaco in Coburg and have been happy with both of them. About the only reason I would chose Monaco over Elite is the hook ups they have, and the fact that they are not next to the railroad tracks. I would not be afraid to use either of these services. We schedule maintenance at one of these places when we take trips to the 'lower 48'.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I wanted to add my kudos to the folks at Elite. They did some remodeling on my coach a while ago including the swap to a Samsung refrigerator. they did a fantastic job. I have an appointment with them next month to replace an air conditioner plus slide floor replace. It is well worth the drive north to get the work done correctly. I highly recommend Elite.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I drove from Arizona to Oregon to have Elite make some mods on my coach last spring. I couldn't be happier.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:16 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Dittos on Elite. Great guys. Was just there a week ago.

The Monaco service center has done good work for us too. A few years ago we had a difficult-to-find weather leak in our 2001 Diplomat. The Monaco service center put the coach in their "hurricane" booth, quickly found and repaired the leak. All for a couple hours of labor so the cost was minimal.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #10

Visited the Monaco service centre on the way south last Dec for initial warranty work and have an appointment on the way home. Staff and techs were great. Issues took longer than forecast to resolve, but I told them to take the time to "do it right". If you need parts that they don't stock, it can cause a delay. IMHO, great folks as knowledgeable as anyone on your coach and likely better placed and equipped to solve your problems than any dealer.

I'm a fan...we'll see how they do on the last of my warranty issues.
wilco1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, service