Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2008, 04:08 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The investment community ask why the continued efforts and money spent on the MI resort and other nondeveloped property owned by MNO. Kay shielded his response </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow, Kay's not gonna be able to do that to many more times and keep his head on his shoulders. Investors want to know how's he gonna get this bus outta of the ditch.
Forget about not being able to see that bad days were ahead, no forget that, we all got run over by that one. Try reading the real tea leaves (MC stock is hanging on the rim of the toilet). Try going to a normal mom and pops camping ground and talk directly with Monaco owners, get your hands greasey, bust a knuckle, cut a finger once and a while. It keeps you humble.
This Signature resort joke when the company is bleeding, and firing the guys and gals with the dust mops and buckets is crazy/nut. Investors aren't gonna like the next report. It's not the actions you take when you're up that people remember, it's when you're down and just rolling over. Come on Kay, get up and fight 'em, We'll support you!.. Oh no, but Killing off the roadmaster chassis, Wow.
Can you say "natual gas powered RV diesels" are here to stay, with a hugh nation-wide vehicle fleet waiting to be retrofitted.
I smell a "fleet size vehicle natual gas congressional bill" coming soon. Brighter days are ahead! Clean buring natual gas!.. just like the metro bus system. Man over-board.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:31 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Can you say "natual gas powered RV diesels" are here to stay, with a hugh nation-wide vehicle fleet waiting to be retrofitted.
I smell a "fleet size vehicle natual gas congressional bill" coming soon. Brighter days are ahead! Clean buring natual gas!.. just like the metro bus system. Man over-board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hold on Doc you might be self-medicating too much... CNG, LNG, Propane, will not be part of the motorhome future... my figures suggest mohos do not make even a tiny blip on the fuel use chart. the average moho is only driven 5K to 6K miles per year... our industry is hardly a fuel use problem... fuel usage should not be a worry for the average motor home owner... since we fill up so seldom, what's the dif between a tank costing $200. or $400 to fill-up?

In motion Satelite receiver, Equal Tire Balancer
Old 07-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">our industry is hardly a fuel use problem... fuel usage should not be a worry for the average motor home owner... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are exactly right. We don't use much, but we are big units just like large diesel tractor trailers. Large Class A RV's can be an excellent "sort of test bed" for a fuel source conversion. Anyway, just trying to look outside the box. Now where my Med's. Anyone got a lighter.
What would the math say regarding how many diesel trucks are on the roads, including city, county, state, federal and (construction type) fleet rigs out there. Sorry but I think fuel useage/pricing is a concern, even for RV drivers. If it wasn't, we would/should be seeing new RV models falling off the shelves and thet's not happening. RV plants are closing faster than a crack house in Alaska. Have you noticed Highway rest-stops all over are starting to fill up during "the day-time" with diesel rigs. They aren't sitting there waiting aroud to catch Ophra on TV. I still need a lighter.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bsavage:
No, Bobby, all of the woodwork in our coach is factory installed. Beaver coaches have always been known for their woodwork. Monaco bought Beaver somewhere around 2005 (someone correct me on that timeframe if I'm wrong). In fact, Monaco has replaced about $9,000 worth of it because many cabinets started to delaminate... and we were not in warranty. The new cabinetry is beautiful, and better than the original, by far. It took a couple of phone calls and emails, but they stepped up and replaced it all at their cost. That's good customer care.

Brenda, of... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monaco bought Beaver, which was owned by Safari, in 01. We attended the last Safari rally at Harrisburg when the muckies from Monaco had to drive a MH from Ind to Or to attend the rally and meet their new "subjects". They had to drive the MH because air travel was shut down on Sept 11, 2001, the day the rally started.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #61

Although there are some diesel busses that operate on CNG it will never come to pass for RV's. The fueling stations are extremely expensive.It would require a lot of stations. Who would pay for these? All of the alternative fuels have drawbacks. One big one that many have not considered is the loss of tax revenue. Gasoline and diesel are taxed at 2 or more levels. Supposedly that $ goes for road repairs. But even if it just goes into general revenue where do the governments get the tax $ if people are using fuels that preently are not taxed? The answer is tht they would have to tax these fuels just like gasoline thus eliminating all the advantages of the new fuel. Aside from the above comments a Company the size of Monaco does not have the $ nor the R & D depts. to initiate anything radical ike Doc suggested. But lighter more fuel efficient vehicles that are similar to todays is doable. The class A's in Australia get 15 mpg.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 07-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The class A's in Australia get 15 mpg. Moisheh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i don't think so... mohos in aussie land are 4 times the price of ours based on current exchange rates...
http://www.australianmotorhomes.com....ails.aspx?v=34
aussies pay about $1.90 to $2.20 per liter = $7.00 to $8.00 bucks per gallon
http://www.x-rates.com/d/AUD/USD/hist2008.html

In motion Satelite receiver, Equal Tire Balancer
Old 07-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Well, not that it will truly help the bottm line, but it sends a strong signal to the investment community. Kay and his senior Exec Team are all taking pay cuts. They can earn portions of the lost salary back by lowering inventory costs. Kay is taking a 50% cut while Nepute(sp?) is taking a 30% cut. Two others are taking a 15% cut. The combined cuts are likely to be less than $1m annually, but it does show that they are not sitting in an ivory tower. MNC stock was up again today.

2007 Ford Explorer V8 Towed
Old 07-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #64

http://www.swagman.com.au/about.html

I cannot find the post in another forum with the link to the fuel mileage. But these units are not imported. They look a little like a Monaco, have their own chassis with 200 to 300 hp engines and a carbon fibre body. Swagman also exports to China and is hoping to build part of the unit in China and after completion send them to the USA.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 07-24-2008, 04:26 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Swagman also exports to China and is hoping to build part of the unit in China and after completion send them to the USA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow, wonder if Swagman Exec's know that Monaco has 1400 factory builders/workers about to be laid off soon. I'm sure they could also rent/lease some ready made production line space at Monaco USA. Of course the cheap labor cost in China might be driving that.
Wow Moisheh, from your link I noticed there was three wiper blades on the class A coach pictured, that's hot!. Dang,I just wish I could get the two wipers on my '06 Knight to work properly. My wipers get stuck in the up position during rain and winds over 58 mph, and the drivers side wiper still flips and sticks around the top of the window. Highly Unsafe condition, but that's a different thread. DocUSAF
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
OH!
Doc... been there, done that with the windshield wipers, very dangerous, if I could find my thread and Robin's on this issue it would help, but it's late and I can't figure out how to find them. Maybe Monaco Mama can link you to those threads, you need to have the entire windshield wiper system replaced, asap.

Brenda, of...
Old 07-25-2008, 07:37 AM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe Monaco Mama can link you to those threads, you need to have the entire windshield wiper system replaced, asap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Brenda, what do you mean, "have the wiper system replaced ASAP". My wiper blades are good. Is there something that I'm really missing here, holy crap!.###
We stopped driving in the rain 'cause it just got so dangerous, we almost wrecked big time on the interstate. I couldn't see and it was dark, and after the last time, I just don't drive when it's wet/dark (period)..
In fact the last time was when my wife and I (both disabled military Vet's), was headed to Eglin Air Force Base, FL to visit with our daughter and grand-daughter.
Does (Kay) at Monaco Corp., know about this?. Which RV's type wiper system/s are messed up. Am I the last to know?
Is there a subject or recall thread heading on Monaco. Are there any other safety recalls on Monaco. Dang/Carp!!!! not cool at all.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
The recall was on the Diplomat and Endeavor - I think it was '05 through '07 - I know my '06 was involved. They replaced the entire system except for the blades. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think the Knight was involved.

Not sure I read your post correctly -were the winds blowing over 58mph or were you driving over 58?

2006 Diplomat 40PDQ
Old 07-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not sure I read your post correctly -were the winds blowing over 58mph or were you driving over 58? Chris-PA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly Chris.... If I drove my coach over 58 MPH in the rain, the wiper blades would get stuck in the up position.
When I drive under 58 MPH they worked Ok, but just barely. Really upsetting, but I figured it was just bad/cheap engineering by Monaco Corp. In the Air Force we called it "duck tape design". We have an 2006 Monaco Knight 40/PLQ and she has certainly had some real issues. I've already replaced a U-joint from busted needle bearings/the front windshield/the front overhead TV, refer high limit switch, overhead molding/dash molding/floor tiles/front air bag. Please don't get me started. DocUSAF
Old 07-26-2008, 04:45 AM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Doc, I will try to link to several threads about the windshield wiper issue. In our case, Beaver coaches were not part of the "recall" or known issue, yet the wipers failed multiple times. We too were put into a very dangerous situation more than once. Here's some reading for you...

windshield wiper discussion

another windshield wiper discussion

yet another...

and if you want more info, search the Monaco owners forum for "windshield wiper" and you'll find more. Hope that helps...

Brenda, of...