Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #1

Monaco Slide out leak

I just purchased a 2000 Monaco La Palma 36G. The last several days we have had very heavy rain and the carpet in front of my slide is now wet (the slide out is closed.) I think it is a bad seal on the bottom and I probably needs a new gasket.

Any suggestions? Is there a good supplier for the gasket material? I see places that sell 30' rolls, but If I am resealing the whole slide out, I figure I will need at least 40'.

Thanks for any advise,

Supergroomer
(Dave Huber)
supergroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
That would be simple with the 36G with one slide, I always level my 2 slide (same side ) and my old one slide a little out of level low on the slide side so the water will run off the slide, new gaskets will probably help but the leveling process is the most important. I was told that there are two kinds of RV slide outs they are the ones that are leaking and the ones that will be leaking, so far by leveling a little out of level to the slide side my slides have not leaked..
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
YC1

My new 08 leaked the first month with the slide in. Pictures show where the leak occured. The repair was to seal the top of the lap joint shown and to add more help if it still leaks was to put a bead of silicon under the slide so any water will run into the bead and drop out the bottom channel.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote