RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
monaco slidouts

I have an 06 monaco windsor and the front roadside slide hangs a little on the bottom just as it closes and pops. anyone know how to adjust a slide? They are mechanical motor slides.

vanagon41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure if yours are the same but my 03 Windsor has rollers in the floor which you can see with the slide closed. There are bolts on the ends of the rollers which allow you to raise or lower the rollers thus raising or lowering the slide when it moves over them. I just went a 1/4 or 1/2 turn at a time and then moved the slide in and out to check the clearance.

CHEERS

Old 08-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanagon41 View Post
I have an 06 monaco windsor and the front roadside slide hangs a little on the bottom just as it closes and pops. anyone know how to adjust a slide? They are mechanical motor slides.
First.. welcome to iRV2.

Surprise surprise surprise. I had this happen to me this weekend. My first real trip out. I've had my '06 Holiday Rambler Admiral Se for about a month now. I've had the slides in and out a few times during that period. Went on a camping trip this week and.. lo and behold.. getting ready to return home my roadside slide did the same thing. I heard a loud pop and stopped the slide. Went over to inspect it and found a piece of wood on the floor and a small piece of the beautiful wood trim broken.

On inspection, I could see that the slide was not coming in straight. It appeared "torqued" for lack of better terms.. in that the top left (rear) edge of the room was closer to the back wall of the room than the bottom was.. YET, when I finally got the slide closed.. everything looked fine outside.. it all looked in line with all the outside trim.. but, inside the top left corner was closer to the mirrored wall than the bottom... like it was tilted about 5 or so degrees.

Sad.. I called HR tech as a first contact. He was not helpful. I had two questions. One.. does this MH have a fresh water tank drain? He didn't know. Told me to open the "low point" drains and turn on the pump. I've never had an RV that didn't have a drain. That's another story...

Regarding the slide.. he also had no information to help. Just gave me a few "local" Monaco dealers to call. He said a slide is a slide.. anyone who works on slide rooms should be able to take care of the problem. This tech help is sad. Hope to feel better about this after I have my first cuppa.

Getting back to my point before the "rant".. I have no idea what could have caused this problem. Went out without a hitch.. didn't back into anything. I don't know if somehow the "room" jumped a track or what.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Not on the slide adjustment, but how to know how far off you are. Go outside and look at the paint stripes. They should be lined up going from the slide to the coach body. That is how it would have left the factory. If your slides are Power Gear, look here:

FAQ: Slideout Systems - Power Gear
Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
38Special.. if you are remarking to my post.. from the outside everything looks perfect.. it's the inside... The area trimmed with the beautiful wood frame that covers the slide ... That part of the slide must be a slight parallelogram. I'll only be able to tell with a large square or doing a 3/4/5 measurement (or is it 4/5/6?).. but that will give you an idea of what I'm up against.. wish I could draw a picture here..
Old 08-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
GreatWhite. Not really a reply directed at your post. I have adjusted the slides on my last RV (2002 Diplomat). The slide behind the drivers seat was dragging behind the seat and marking the carpet. I looked up the adjustment instructions from the PowerGear web site. Then I used the stripes outside for where my adjustment goal was. Just did not want the OP or others to loose site that there are "line up" marks, as to where it was when it left the factory.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Vanagon 41, my front road slide was hitting the bottom of the coach when I pulled it in just a bit, so I opened it and looked under the outside. I adjusted the rear up just a little about 1/8 in. and cured the problem. It was in the rear 2 or 3 feet that was hitting. Very easy has adjustment screws to do it. 2006 Monaco Windsor, looking for a toad.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
There was another thread in this forum in the past couple weeks that detailed adjusting these slides
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hi, I'm still new at this so bear with me. I am getting ready to change out my Nocold whith the samsung, I think I saw on here someone had did it with the drawer under the nocold,but I cain't find it. I have a 2006 monaco windsor. anyone done this change out? Vanagon 41
Old 10-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Vanagon41, You need to post your question about a Samsung frig in a new post right now it is in a post about Monaco Side outs and I doubt you will get an answer
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sams...dq-102210.html

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote