Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2021, 07:48 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco STOP LIGHT/ WARNING LIGHT

What are the parameters for "stop" and or Warning light to come on?

I have had my stop light come on a few times when the engine is working pulling a grade. Today it was water temp 197 degrees, oil pressure 60 psi, trans temp 195-198 degrees, 1935 rpm in fifth gear with 30 psi boost and 1250 egt. It did it 4 or 5 times today right before reaching the end of a hill and wouldn't stay on more then 5 seconds. The above info is from my scangaugeD.
As you can see below I have a banks turbo kit that's why the higher than stock boost. I was driving through North part of WY and it was just over 100 degrees and it's still 97 at 7:45 local time! So there is all of the data. So What are the parameters for "stop" and or Warning light to come on? And no, I didn't stop or back out of it because everything look good.

Tim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2021, 07:57 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I don't know all the parameters, but I've had a stop light when I blew the hose that returns coolant to the tank. The temp wasn't real high, but I lost at least a couple gallons of coolant.

Can you pull stored codes?
Old 06-14-2021, 08:06 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Here's a document from Insite listing the codes for the ISC. It references Red and Yellow lamps. I believe the red lamp is stop and yellow is check engine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 54262573-Cummins-Isc-Qsc8-3-And-Isl-FIS3666271 (1).pdf (2.24 MB, 9 views)
Old 06-14-2021, 08:41 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Check engine light not that big a deal. Lots of times stop, shut down and restart will reset it. Stop engine light bigger deal, I would have Cummins put it on the computer to check it out. 43 years and 4 million miles driving truck. Just sayin, Don
DiplomatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
No codes Dennis from my scangauge. Every time I stop I walk around the coach and my Pilot looking for anything. No leeks anywhere. It only stays on for up to five seconds and then it's out. My over temp light comes on sometimes at 195 so I figure it's some Monaco level they have set. I have gotten over boost codes in the past but not today. In the winter I can get 35psi boost but today in the heat I only got 30-31. The Banks computer limits the boost at 1250 EGT. My over boost codes I have gotten stated "over boost but within limits" It's running like a champ so I will just keep and eye on it as always,

Tim
Old 06-14-2021, 09:51 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaz View Post
No codes Dennis from my scangauge. Every time I stop I walk around the coach and my Pilot looking for anything. No leeks anywhere. It only stays on for up to five seconds and then it's out. My over temp light comes on sometimes at 195 so I figure it's some Monaco level they have set. I have gotten over boost codes in the past but not today. In the winter I can get 35psi boost but today in the heat I only got 30-31. The Banks computer limits the boost at 1250 EGT. My over boost codes I have gotten stated "over boost but within limits" It's running like a champ so I will just keep and eye on it as always,

Tim
That seems odd Tim, I'd think a stop light would trigger some type of code. I don't think 195 is particularly high. My coach seems to run cool, but I've hit 195 on a tough grade in summer without triggering any type of warning.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:19 AM   #7

Sounds like fuel filters
Chavau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:34 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I’ve had a clogged fuel filter, it doesn’t light a warning light.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:40 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tim, the parameters that you listed seem nearly ideal for any driving condition, let alone pulling a grade.

Just thinking outside the box here, I wonder if it could be transmission slippage. You stated pulling a grade and I know with your added power you are right at the max torque for the Allison MD3060 so I wonder if it is detecting some slippage. I think the Allison has input and output speed sensors to detect slippage so wonder if that could be the issue. With no codes or live data it is merely a guess though.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:02 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Fuel filters are less then a month old and I wouldn't be making the power I am if they were clogged. Mike, The Banks computer talks to the trans and engine but it will shift back and forth 5-6 on some grades. So if it does it once I shift it in 5 to stop it. I will pull the dip stick and look at the fluid color. I doubt I sill see any change because I have never seen the temp past 200 on the trans and my engine has only flashed 198 for a second or two on my scangauge. In the cold temps when I'm making 35 psi boost I have never seen the stop light. But I do agree I'm at the limit of power for my trans. I will post back today on what the trans fluid looks like.

Tim
Old 06-15-2021, 05:27 PM   #11
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Those temps are fine. In fact, they seem a bit low to me. Pulling hard on a hill on a hot day. I can take mine to 210 easily. The transmission follows about ten degrees cooler.

Not much help I know.
2016 Ford F150 Limited V6 with Ready Brake
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:11 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I checked the trans fluid and it looks great. I think the reason I run cool is my CAC was replaced in 2017 and everything was cleaned when it was apart. A 5" dia exhaust and a straight through muffler help extract heat also. The coach weighs 34,400 and I'm towing a 4500 pound car so I feel really good on how it performs all around. I spent all day today tightening screws and replacing drawer latches so it's not all great all of the time

Tim

Tags
light, monaco