Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I just wanted to send kudos to Gary @ Monaco Tech support. I called for the first time yesterday and was very pleased how they handled my question.

I have been parked here in Long Beach for a couple of months and decided to take the coach out for a run and get it washed. As expected the batteries were low and the coach would not start. I hit the batteryboost and vrooom!! fired right up. I let off the boost switch and the engine quit running. I tried the boost switch again and nothing....no power and the inverter panel showed power fault. I'm not a electrical wizard so I called Monaco.

Gary first had a little fun with me and suggested that I "broke" my coach. He had me turn off the 50 amp power I was hooked to and turn off both battery disconnects in the battery compartment then unplug the data lines leading to the inverter. After waiting for one minute plug the data lines back in and turn batteries and power back on. This evidently resets the inverter. Gary then had me block the boost switch in the on position for about 15 minutes and try again. This worked like a charm and after 15 min. the coach fired right up. I'm sure I'' be taking advantage of their great support in the future.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I just wanted to send kudos to Gary @ Monaco Tech support. I called for the first time yesterday and was very pleased how they handled my question.

I have been parked here in Long Beach for a couple of months and decided to take the coach out for a run and get it washed. As expected the batteries were low and the coach would not start. I hit the batteryboost and vrooom!! fired right up. I let off the boost switch and the engine quit running. I tried the boost switch again and nothing....no power and the inverter panel showed power fault. I'm not a electrical wizard so I called Monaco.

Gary first had a little fun with me and suggested that I "broke" my coach. He had me turn off the 50 amp power I was hooked to and turn off both battery disconnects in the battery compartment then unplug the data lines leading to the inverter. After waiting for one minute plug the data lines back in and turn batteries and power back on. This evidently resets the inverter. Gary then had me block the boost switch in the on position for about 15 minutes and try again. This worked like a charm and after 15 min. the coach fired right up. I'm sure I'' be taking advantage of their great support in the future.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Nutensteve:
Sounds like you might need an echo charger. Here's a reference for you:

http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4481082232/m/...10262341#39410262341

Good luck,
CC
Old 01-19-2008, 05:56 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Nutensteve, that trick-l-start is so simple to install right acrost the boost solenoid that I was able to do it in 23 degree weather in just 5 minuits, Works GREAT. starting battery has been at 12.8 volts for 4 weeks now.

03 Saturn L2
abray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the advice....I think I'll pick up something to try to keep the chassis batteries charged.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
OK, I need to understand so I'm asking what will be a silly question to some of you (but maybe there's someone else like me just dying to ask)

What do you mean by "simple to install right across the boost solenoid"?

Can someone give me more detail on how and where to install the trik-l-start charger?

Thanks! Mic, of
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Rick,
Go to my photo of a 2007 Camelot 40PDQ here:

http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4481082232/m/55610346341

The relay on the right side center is the battery boost relay that connects the coach batteries with the chassis batteries.

There are only three connections for the echo charger: Ground, chassis battery (left large bolt on the bottom of the relay, and coach battery (right large bolt on the bottom of the relay).

I'm not sure what the La Palma bay look like but all you have to do is have someone push the switch while your outside near the bay and you'll hear the relay click.

Good luck,
CC
Old 01-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Or, if your battery bay looks like ours,,,,(ummm, thats it, inexpensive) and is not one of those fancy self-contained areas like Camper has, here is a good pic of how to hook it up..
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mic,

HERE is a picture of how I hooked up my echo~charge unit. It's the same as Sacs posted above for the Trik-L-Start, except for the color of the wires.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Mic...you will also see a closeup of our Echo~Charge...and I have no idea why Sacs would advertize for the one we don't have!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you will also see a closeup of our Echo~Charge...and I have no idea why Sacs would advertize for the one we don't have! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't advertise anything...She asked for trik-l-start wiring, not Echo~Charge, which, by the way, I consider to be a better product.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Sacs... "My Bad" ... I should be getting on "Gonefishin" for saying "Trik-l-start" !

Babe

MM

PS...for you newbies..SacsTC and I are married

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Trik-l-start" "Trik-l-start" "Trik-l-start" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Trik-l-start" "Trik-l-start" "Trik-l-start" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shhh! You're gonna make Mama unhappy. And you know how the saying goes...
"When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote