Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #1

Monaco Windsor Airbag Levelling problem

Hi, I'm new to this forum so sorry if I am posting in the wrong place. I am looking for some advice. I have a 2004 Monaco Windsor that has an air levelling system that works on air bags not jacks.
The problem i have is that I recently plugged into the mains at a campsite after which the levelling system failed to work. I since found out that the campsite mains were wired wrong (negative & positive reversed) and now the levelling system won't work at all, it's completely dead, no lights showing on the control panel at all! Can anyone advise me on what i should try? I have had an electrician look at it but he did not know where to start.
being in the UK there is not direct access to a monaco outlet.

Waiting in anticipation.
gavin.gorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Gavin, do you know which HWH system your coach has? Is it the 2000 system? If so, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the Owner's Manual, the Parts Manual and, most importantly, the Service Manual. I would post them for you but the files size of the Service Manual is too large.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You need to run, not walk, and buy a Progressive Industries HW50C Electrical Management System that would have prevented that problem! Good luck & God bless!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #4

Gavin, I realize you are in the UK and have 240 volt mains (so Joe you can't use your recommended system) so do you use a step down transformer to get 110 volts? Not sure that hooking AC power backwards will hurt anything other than you will get a shock if you stand outside on the ground and touch the motorhome. Your leveling system should be powered by 12 volts so you should first look for a blown fuse before you do anything. Have you got a owners manual with fuse locations. If not start looking in the forward run bay and the rear run bay first then find the HWH panel which is probably located on the overhead of one of the basement storage bays.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Look at the first attached PDF to identify your system. This PDF starts with jacks so scroll down to the air leveling systems.

I think you have a 500 or 600 system. Those PDFs are attached.

I have also attached a 2000 series PDF in case you have that system.

There are several 12vdc fuses for the system, and they should all be in the same area. Most likely place for these is the front run bay under the driver's window.

If those fuses are all OK, there are fuses inside the computer control box which is most likely mounted in the ceiling of a basement compartment. You can see, or should see, some LED lights inside the box, and some may indicate a fuse is blown. You may have to remove the box to get to all the fuses to test them.

Let us know which system you have and what other information you find such as blown fuses or lack thereof.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf System identification.pdf (302.3 KB, 247 views)
File Type: pdf 500 series service manual ml22362.pdf (440.0 KB, 164 views)
File Type: pdf 600 series service manual ml19048.pdf (405.0 KB, 204 views)
File Type: pdf 2000 series service manual ml31043.pdf (547.5 KB, 204 views)

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Rex has you pretty well covered but its One other thing to check is make sure your control pad is not unplugged, they can sometime vibrate and loosen enough to loose connection if not properly locked in place.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
rex

Monaco Owners Club
One other thing, do you have other 12vdc circuits or systems working? The problem with the shore power you connect to could have damaged your inverter, thus knocking out the 12vdc circuits. Let us know please.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #8

Rex, doesn't the leveling system work off the chassis batteries so it would most likely be not affected by the inverter/converter?
Old 12-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Mike, on mine it works off both Chassis and House batteries. I have the 2000 which I installed myself per HWH instructions. I have not looked at the 500 an 600 to see what power source they use. There are some other systems that function as interlocks for the HWH and those may be part of his problem. Think we need a bit more information.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #10

My 2004 works off my chassis batteries. I guess that is to make sure I can go to Travel Mode if the house batteries were run down.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #11

Thanks

Hi everyone, Thanks for all of your replies, it has been overwhelming how supportive you have all been!

With regards to the system, unfortunately it is not an HWH system as most of you have been discussing, it is a Firestone Intelliride system.

Is this something that anyone can provide any advice on, or if anyone has access to a service manual or electrical diagrams that would be fantastic!

thanks again for all of the posts, sorry I have not replied quicker but we are currently staying with family for the festive season and are away from the coach.

Thanks again.
gavin.gorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin.gorman View Post

With regards to the system, unfortunately it is not an HWH system as most of you have been discussing, it is a Firestone Intelliride system.
Sorry Gavin. I can't help you with that one. I was only aware of Firestone Air Ride systems as they pertained to smaller vehicles.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #13

Hi Gavin. Regardless of which system it is there will be a 12 volt system fuse for it and that is what you need to find and check first and also see if you have 12 v at one of the fuse slots. No point in getting carried away if no voltage coming to the system.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
rex

Monaco Owners Club
This should help. At least support and parts are closer than to you than the USA.

That would be the Firestone Intelliride Horizon system.

All parts for the Firestone system are now sourced thru DriveRite Ltd.

317-818-8624 (USA number)- a Firestone number - then local 58759 gets you to the DriveRite rep

Unit 626 Kilshane Avenue,
North West Business Park, Ballycoolin,
Dublin 15, Ireland
www. driveriteltd. Com

Tags
monaco