RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #1

Monarch Dash

I have a family member with a 2008 Monarch 30'. They had Best Buy install a new stereo, bluetooth and who knows what. After Best Buys craftsmen finished the install they now need a new dash. Yes, Best Buy is footing the bill.

Where do we start looking for a replacement dash. Are there still some old Monaco parts stashed some place. Any wrecking yards we should contact??

Thanks, Terry

Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2015, 04:22 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Northwest RV Surplus has purchased the complete Monaco NorthAmericam parts depot inventory. They also have a lot of CC's inventory. There are some real bargins here.

Northwest RV Supply

While in Oregon a few years back, I stopped in one of their parts stores - I could have spent a small fortune! Don't recall seeing any dashboards, but it may be a place to contact to get pointed in the right direction.

Good Luck!

NRVIA Certified RV Inspector #523
2003 Monaco LaPalma 36DBD -
2013 Honda Fit
DartmanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W View Post
I have a family member with a 2008 Monarch 30'. They had Best Buy install a new stereo, bluetooth and who knows what. After Best Buys craftsmen finished the install they now need a new dash. Yes, Best Buy is footing the bill.

Where do we start looking for a replacement dash. Are there still some old Monaco parts stashed some place. Any wrecking yards we should contact??

Thanks, Terry
I'm thinking about upgrading my 2008 Monarch stereo. I've actually used Best Buy to install several car stereo upgrades through the years. What did they do to the dash?
Thanks
Bill
Billinwoodla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
RV Junk yards. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I installed a Kenwood DVD navigation receiver in place of my Magnadyne dash radio. The Kenwood is double din so I had to cut the dash hole out a little bigger. Easy. The wiring is about as plug and play as you can get. I had to make up a wiring harness with the Kenwood harness and the other end of the one going to the Magnadyne, but the wires were all 1-to-1 the same. Unless you just don't want to fuss with it, I would DIY.

Good luck
Old 05-15-2015, 08:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billinwoodla View Post
I'm thinking about upgrading my 2008 Monarch stereo. I've actually used Best Buy to install several car stereo upgrades through the years. What did they do to the dash?
Thanks
Bill
They cut the hole too big and then tried to trim it out with some black plastic and called it good to go. It was bad enough that they agreed to pay to have the dash replaced. I don't have any pics and I don't know how to post them anyway.

The MH has been at a local dealer for 5 weeks for repairs and the one dash they got in came damaged and they sent it back. They also can't put the stereo back in because somebody reached in and chopped the wiring off. I'm getting a lot of this second hand, so tomorrow we'll check it out.

They will pick up the MH tomorrow and we will take another hard look at it and see if maybe one of the hi end stereo shops here locally can come up with something. Maybe get a cabinet shop to trim it out in wood. Maybe even DIY it!!

Damn!!! They could have ruined it themselves and saved a lot of time and headaches.

Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash