Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2016, 08:36 AM   #1

Mor-Stor Battery tray

• 2010 Diplomat 42 SKQ with two chassis batteries in top tray and four house batteries on bottom tray. Ball bearings have been falling out of bottom tray since MH was new. I believe tray not adequate for weight of four batteries. Now MUST be replaced. We are camp hosting in Death Valley until 1/15/17 then heading to Quartzsite. I know there is a Cummins coach care in Vegas but need advice on RV service outfit that may be better suited for this work. Batteries are original so I may replace all at this time.
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2016, 06:04 AM   #2
YC1

Pull one of the bearings and see if there is a number on the side. Google it. Amazon is amazing sometimes.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:48 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If your tray is like mine it uses heavy duty drawer slides and should be available from large hardware stores or online. Measure the length and width and start shopping...
Old 12-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
When I was searching for a motor home, several of them had badly corroded battery trays. So, I did a search and found new replacement slide out battery trays from both Kwikee Products and MORryde. (Luckily, the motor home I found had come with Lifeline batteries and the compartment was pristine.)

Link to battery trays: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/categ...=battery+trays
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:53 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Recently had the same problem. Rather than replace the tray, I decided to just replace the slides. After shopping around I found that Accuride has a heavy duty slide (9301 series) that can hold 300-500 lbs depending on application. I found the best prices at "www.cabinetparts.com"
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Recently had the same problem. Rather than replace the tray, I decided to just replace the slides. After shopping around I found that Accuride has a heavy duty slide (9301 series) that can hold 300-500 lbs depending on application. I found the best prices at "www.cabinetparts.com"

I ditto, replaced my slides they seem the best quality/price

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ

Tags
battery