Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2017, 05:48 PM   #1

More fun - bad Aquahot ground.

My Intellitec system and Aquahot were behaving oddly until the Aquahot wouldn't go on at all (it had been intermittent). Trusty multimeter showed a bad ground at the AH board, so I wired a supplemental ground from the AH board to the frame with a bit of heavy wire, everything works so we carried on.

Now I'd like to trace the ground back and see what is wrong, but it is part of a large bundle of wires coming out of the AH board that disappears back over the water tanks and above the frame rails into the rear of the coach.

I can't figure out where the go. Anyone know where in the coach these all terminate? It isn't the rear run box, and it is really hard to tell because they run up over the rear axles and transmission area, and then who knows?
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #2

On my Dynasty I have found several termination points so I don't think there is one central location. The ones I have seen have been near the service bay area attached to the overhead cross members. They seem to favor a wire lug screwed to the frame with several ground wires attached to the lug via a set screw. One was behind a plastic panel, another just inside an access door.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #3

Dan,

Which access panel are you talking about? All I can see from either the access panel inside the storage area (looking back at the AH and the water/waste tanks) or under the coach is that a whole bunch of bundles snake back over the frame rails and into the open under the coach. Then they kind of disappear.

I expected what you describe, and my reason for wanting to find the termination is that if that ground point is compromised other systems may fail if they don't make a clean connection back to my temporary ground.

I may slide under the coach today ahead of the axle and see if I can see where it terminates.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:04 PM   #4

Our coaches are probably laid out differently, my AQ is amidship and the access panel I was referring to are the sliding doors in one of the bay's that provides access to the AQ. A few ground wires are attached via the lug on the framework above that. I don't know if that's the ground for the AQ or not. One of the other locations I found was after I removed a panel from the sewer bay I found another grounding point with several wires attached. All I'm really trying to say is that don't get stuck on he idea that all the grounds will terminate at one location, at least not in my rig.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote