Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #1

Motor Home Carpet cleaning

What is the best carpet cleaners for Motor Homes. Stanley Steamer or Chem dry? Steam or chemical...no pets to consider.
Larry
Larry Geese is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #2

I have used Chemdry and stanley steamer. I think the steamer gets rid of more dirt than the chemdry plus feels better between my toes. Here in Georgia with the red dirt I started out with Chemdry but later switched to Stanley. I was amazed as to how much cleaner my house carpets were after Stanley Steamed them.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Laminate flooring!
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #4

Thanks Mike. I will go for the Stanley Steamer.
Larry
Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Stanley Steemer did an excellent job for us and also cleaned the sofa, recliner, captains seats and dining seats.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Hoover

We use a Hoover carpet cleaner thingy. Its the same one we use in the house ,it does not use live steam to clean, and it does a great job. We will clean the carpet before we start the season and then maby another time midway in the season depending on how dirty it appears. We bought one of those cheapy vacuums for the motor home and finally threw it away. We have a Miele canaster type vacuum that we use at home as well as a Royal upright and we now transfer the Miele to the coach for the RV season. With the cheapy one we fineally had to throw it away and bring the Royal upright to really get the dog hairs out of the carpet. Thats even though the dog gets a good brushing at least once a week and goes to the groomer once a month.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I use an upright style Hoover carpet cleaner on mine. I use the least amount of soap that the machine will dispense and I rinse with clean water at least a couple of times. I found that many of the stains kept reappearing until I really rinsed the carpet well.

After cleaning, I use old bath towels and dry the the carpet even more by hand. After that I leave everything open with the ceiling vent running for a day. So far, my method hasn't shown any ill effects on the carpet or underlayment.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do it my way.

Hi Larry Geese.
I have used Argosheen for years in my home, office and our RV. It is easy, cheap and is great for small jobs or big ones. It'll do furniture also. The more you use it on the same carpet the better it works.
Have fun!
Milt
Old 07-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #9

I use the chem dry to clean my carpet.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #10

Smile MH Carpet Cleaning

My two cents. Chem Dry sprays your carpet with a cleaner, then with about a14 inch diameter disk scrubs to top on the carpet. With all the tight corners, nooks and crannies of a HM seems difficult to get clean. Don't see how this will pull the dirt and grime from the bottom up. Friends used the Chem Dry and and found when they knelled on the carpet their knees where soiled from what the chem dry left beneath the surface.
Steam Clean. Spray on cleaner, steam with a vacuum with hot water and pick up blades, small for tight corners and large for open areas. Unbelievable amout of dirt and grime the vacuum picks up. Was almost dry when finished. I used bath towels and my feet to walk on the towels to further remove the moisture. Opened windows and vents...dry in about three hours.
I prefer the steam cleaner.
Larry
Old 07-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #11

Buy a Bissell and then you know where the chem and water is coming and going from.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #12

In my own experience I prefer Stanley Steamer.

oriental rug cleaning nj
oriental rug restoration
persian rug cleaning nj ct ny
Carl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #13

It's more work than an upright shampooer, but for tight quarters, we us a Bissell "Little Green Machine". We originally got it for cleaning up the occasional doggy mess in the S&B, but have found it workd just fine doing the MH carpets.

It's a "hands & knees" exercise, but doesn't take that long.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:50 AM   #14

Stanley steamer is what i used in in cleaning my carpet! and it does make my worl easy and fast.
davesu is offline   Reply With Quote