RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Multiplex system has stopped working

07 Dynasty all light switches, slide, water pump, heating system etc. stopped working, the indicator lights on the switches are all lit up [not the back lites].
Does anyone have an idea? it was suggested that the main CPU has lost programing, any help would be great, unable to move coach due to the slides are out!

Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Carl & Shelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #2

Disconnect negative battery cable from house batteries for about two minutes and then reconnect. Should reset the computer.

Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We have done that, in fact we replaced all eight six volt batteries as we had found two that had dead cells.
Thanks for the reply, Carl
Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Old 11-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #4

Carl, so did it quit working right after you installed the new batteries? When you disconnected to try and reset did you disconnect both banks and the solar panel. It is possible that the solar panel continued to provide power. There should be a fuse for the solar panel controller output. One fuse for the chassis batteries and one fuse for the house batteries. The other option would be to try it again at night.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I had that happen to mine and I think I hit the salesman switch and it worked Haven't happen again.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
This failure happened before the battery replacement, we located the bad batteries as we were checking possible problems, as for a reset, I removed the CPU 5 amp fuse to remove power, in the beginning of this condition the CPU would reset and then fail a few hours later, then it would reset for only a few moments. Now it will not reset at all.
Thanks Carl
Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Old 11-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #7

I would try posting your problem over on the Monacoers forum. There are several experts on the Multiplex system over there. Otherwise I would call M&M Electronics at 419-965-3014 and see if they can help.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I have a call into Mark now, hope to get a call back tomorrow when they open,
Thanks Carl
Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Old 11-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #9

Carl, not sure about the architecture of the whole system. Could be that the CPU fuse is doing just only resetting the CPU and the problem is in something else in the system that the CPU fuse is not resetting. If it was me I would take house battery totally off the system and try a 100% restart. It doesn't cost anything to do it.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #10

Your coach is newer than mine so the electrical system is may be different. Not sure exactly what you are referring to with "multiplex system" Mine has an Aladdin system for system monitoring but it is just a data acquisition system it does not control anything.

Systems such as the slide outs are controlled by a relay circuit in the rear power bay. Check for power on it. if you need to move you can manually crank the slides in with a socket and ratchet on the end of the motor drive rods.

Power failing in many areas sounds like a main fuse or possibly the power cut off relay controlled by a switch near the front door. My relay failed and I had many strange electrical problems because the contacts do not fail completely they are just so pitted that you have a low and eratic voltage on the output. That relay is located in the front electrical compartment.
Imperial_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We did a complete RV shut down, unhooked all engine batteries, all coach batteries, and covered the solar panel just to be sure, left unhooked for 30 minutes while we changed out the coach batteries...but no change.
I also verified power and ground at the CPU with volt meter. A motorhome Tech with Monaco suggested the CPU crashed and needs to be reprogrammed. Will call Intellitec in the AM and will post the fix. I have the same system in my 09 Dynasty so I want to be prepared.
Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Old 11-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #12

As suggested go the Monacoers forum. There is one poster who has become an expert on that system. He does reprogram them but I don't know if he can do it from scratch. Intellitec does not provide any support. The programming was the done by Monaco. I doubt they have any of that software after all the changes in ownership.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:17 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
As suggested go the Monacoers forum. There is one poster who has become an expert on that system. He does reprogram them but I don't know if he can do it from scratch. Intellitec does not provide any support. The programming was the done by Monaco. I doubt they have any of that software after all the changes in ownership.
His name is Bill G also known as Hotrod and he no longer posts on Monacoers but can be found here:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...rs-Association

You will have to join the site or PM us your email and we will contact him for you.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Working with Chris at M&M we think we have narrowed down to a switch panel
Thanks to all, Carl

Magna #6225
42 Resort 505