Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #1

My 2002 Diplomat may have the wrong furnace wall thermostat ?

Thanks for taking time to read this. I bought a used 2002 Diplomat 2 months ago. AC works fine but today I attempted to turn the furnace on and found that the wall thermostat control by the passenger seat has no option for the furnace!

The control is a Duo-Therm Comfort Control Center. The modes available are fan only, AC , and lastly heat pump. The control works for the AC units when I run the GenSet or plug into shore power. But the heat pump selection will not run the furnace.

The Comfort Control Center manual shows that I should select the "furnace" mode to run the furnace. But there is no such option. Head pump mode does not cause my furnace to function.

Anyone who could tell me what mode their furnace uses please do. Does the heat pump mode control your furnace??

I fear that the dealer who sold it to me may have changed out the controll center unit and put the wrong one on it.

I have already cleaned the control board plug and all other connectors around the furnace. Also checked the fuses.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Also let me add that the Comfort control center on the wall does NOT show the room temperature. The lcd only shows the setting. I have never seen a thermostat that does not show the room temp.

JerryRigger, Branson, MO
2002 Monaco Diplomat
crmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
JerryRigger:
The dealer may have replaced the A/C unit or control board and forgotten to set the DIP switches correctly. If you can't bring it back to the dealer and get them to fix it, this post may be of some help. There's a in-line fuse next to our furnace also, I don't remember if the Furnace option disappears if the fuse is blown.

Yes, Dometic decided not to display the actual room temperature on the t-stat. I have a wireless t-stat right next to the CCC with a remote by the rear A/C sensor.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #3

The link that Stewart provided was a perfect explanation of my problem and provided a solution. The thermostat was on a Newmar but they are likely the same.

My sincere appreciation goes out to Stewart and all those who support this forum.

JerryRigger
Old 10-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #4

Jerry, I believe all you have to do is reset your thermostat. With AC power turned on in the MH.Turn the power off the thermostat unit with the switch on the bottom of the thermostat then push and hold both the top MODE button and the bottom ZONE button and turn on the power on the bottom. After about 2-3 seconds release the two MODE and ZONE buttons. The thermostat now goes out and reads the MH configuration set on the circuit board in the AC roof unit. If the DIP switches on that AC circuit board are set correctly you will now have the furnace showing on the thermostat. If not then you are going to have to check that DIP switch #5 on that board is in the ON position. The Furnace getting dropped happens often because it is located outside of the AC unit and a power glitch or disconnecting the batteries or some othings I haven't figured out yet causes it to drop the Furnace. Let us know if it works.

Also Heat Pump and FURNACE are two different functions on the thermostat. Heat pump is for reversing the AC unit and making heat and FURNACE is for the propane heater or if equipped the Aqua Hot unit
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #5

Sounds like I need to "reboot" the Thermostat

Mike, I never read that info anywhere in the manual but I will try it for sure. I tried the other info and it did not solve the problem. There are no dip switches on my Thermostat. I removed the cover and disassembled it. There is no inline fuse that I can find and I have very good access to the wires. Checked fuse in panel. I do have power to the breaker on the furnace motor.

Actually your solution very logical so I will drive to the storage lot and try it. I will report back regardless.

Many thanks,
Jerryrigger
Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #6

The DIP switches are on the circuit board up in the AC unit. I can almost bet that a thermostat reset will fix it. I had the same problem in my MH went I first bought it. I have sent you my phone number in a PM if you have a problem or question on the reset.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #7

Doing a reset on the thermostat fixed my problem.

I reset using the two buttons as directed and suddenly my furnace option appeared in the options. Wow ! It works now.

My first reaction is gratitude to Mike and the others who offered suggestions.
My second reaction is that Duro Therm should have put that info in the manual.
My third reaction is "Great ! My furnace works."

Thanks to all.
Jerryrigger
Old 10-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Jerry,You will find out the longer You have Your MH, the more You will learn about it.
Use the irv2 forum to Your advantage, and I will tell You that Mike Canter is a fine person to know and He will help You any time You call Him.
A true believer.
Phil Palmer
Lavonia GA.
Phil Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to all who have posted in this thread. As we were preparing for our "storm hideout" (the MH) in the event of a power outage in this storm, we've discovered that we have NO heat. No dash heat and no furnace heat. In any case, I'll be headed out to the driveway in the very damp and very windy weather to see if resetting the thermostat will give us a little heat.

Will post for more help if this doesn't do the trick.

Annie
Banannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hi

You only get furnace mode in zone 1. Zone 2 will automatically go OFF when you tiun on the furnace. It's really a nice set up.
Rick
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, thermostat