Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
My Monaco Improvement Photo's

My IT aka son AAron has a dentist appointment so sorry if this isn't done right. Here goes: Pulled up carpet between dinette benches and installed new hardwood flooring. Easier to clean up "dropped" food etc. 2nd picture is the macerater pump with a clear tube that will be changed to a larger one. 3rd picture is where the hide a bed sofa was. Now it will support two new black Flexsteel recliners. Pulled up carpet and layed wood flooring. 4th picture is how the power reel looks in the "snake" compartment. deSanford
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette Flooring.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	21365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewage Hookup.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	21366  

Name:	Slide out where Couch was.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	21367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Reel.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	21368  

deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Additional Pictures

GPS, Tire pressure read out, Ham Radio Antenna tuner, and SWR Bridge read out. Also PYRO and Boost gauge. 2nd picture Safe T Plus with Henderson's steer on the fly adjustment components. 3rd picture shows how I carry my ladder. 4th picture shows the unit Navastar Monaco uses to replace the unit that was recalled in a plastic box (new one is METAL). It is a very good replacement with a built in surge protection. Now I have two surge protectors. deSanford
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gauges.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	21369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steering Control.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	21370  

Name:	Coach Ladder.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	21371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Navistar Recall.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	21372  

Old 05-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
A big to you!
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #4

Carolina Campers
Outstanding! Really like your callsign on the ladder; did you have that made locally? 73, W4KTL
rocknrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
rocknrun the plastic "goose" eggs were inscribed at two different RV Rallies (vendors). The brackets are mounted on the reverse side of the ladder. When the ladder is hanging properly I have room for my shoes to climb up. 73 deSanford
Old 05-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
deSanford.......Looks good!

Here's a thought.....I had my ladder stored in a bay. I later bought one of these A-Frame Double Sided Ladders - Product - Camping World and stored it on the wall of the pass through bay inside a sewer storage tube that CW sells. It allows me to quickly access the ladder. I now leave the second half of the roof ladder at home. The collapseable works fine for providing access to the upper half of the roof ladder.

Regarding your steering stabilizer.......A lot of our trips start off through the California deserts and we always encounter wind. There have been many occasions where I think the adjustable stabilizer would be a benefit.

My question.......are you constantly resetting it in windy conditions. Obviously, the wind isn't a constant blow, but gusty. How often are you restting?
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Good morning Diplomat Don,

As far as "constantly" resetting the steering stabilizer the answer would be NO. I would reset it on the fly once or twice to get just the right adjustment. Maybe if I had to use it more often I could set it correctly the first time. It is very useful for slight steady winds to very high winds, and gusts. The only other time it comes in handy is when the crown of the road is more extreme then normal. Going through the desert in Calif. or traveling through Texas (HEAVY WINDS) where you have the wheel turned while doing your best to go straight. I find that the drive is a lot more relaxing and easier on the arm mussels. Just a flick of the spring loaded switch and that is all that is required to reset the unit. It is air operated and if you look at the bottom of the picture where the new surge protector is (located in the area below the driver,s window) you will see a little blue air relay that is actuated by the switch. The unit is made by RoadMaster and was designed by Henderson. deSanford
Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I received a private message concerning the flex hose between the drain outlet and the SaniCon pump. The question was is it strong enough to handle the static "load". It is a newer type of STRONG flexible hose sold by Camping World. The ends also swivel, and yes I believe it will hold up and do its job in this location. Of course it might be a little messy when I disconnect it to hook up the stinky slinky for a more rapid discharge into the campground sewer. deSanford
Old 05-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #9
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Sanford, the connection to the gate valves will rotate upward, so do that before you disconnect the hose. At Camping World you can get a cap that will go on the hose end that has a connection for a garden hose. That is what I use to clean out the big hose and sani-con. You will not need much water pressure in the garden hose, just enough to keep the pump going a minute or so.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Rex.........those are very good suggestions. Also before I would disconnect the hose by the drain I would use the gray water to clean out the short flex hose, before I disconnect it from the drain. deSanford
Old 05-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #11

Sanford, nice improvements to your rig. Have you added that LED to the grab handle yet??

George
Old 05-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great job on the upgrades. Gave me an idea or two.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Hi George (ArmyEOD) the short answer no, but I have it here by my desk. I've been working on a BBQ "BOX" that will hold my Traeger Smoker. This will be mounted behind my motor home attached to the hitch extender that holds my Blue OX tow bar. The Traeger works on AC with the female receptacle by the engine compartment (used for the Cummins on COLD morning starts. The new Flexsteel recliners went in yesterday. Now my DW and I will each have a comfortable seat to sit on while relaxing after a hard day camping. Also they swivel so we can see the mid coach mounted TV. Life is good....Steve you and Sally probably just about seen everything so giving you guys a couple of ideas is quite a compliment THANKS. deSanford
Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Summer- Lake Diefenbaker, SK; winter- Westbay Marine Village, Victoria, BC
Looking good; great ideas. Thanks for sharing!
jim.smithjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco