Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2021, 12:10 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
My Thetford Tecma electric toilet won't flush

HELP! we are supposed to leave on Monday, June 14th.

Hi, My Thetford Tecma electric toilet won't flush. The water does work in the sink & shower but no water or pump noise from the electric toilet. The 2 buttons are lit up and the tank indicator light is green. We are currently at home and not hooked to the city water supply but the water tank is full and we are using the electric pump to try to get water to the Tecma toilet but NOT GETTING ANY WATER TO THE TOILET.
ANY SUGGESTIONS????

THANKS!
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2021, 12:17 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There is an in-line fuse somewhere before the connection at the back of the toilet. That’s the first thing that I’d check. The Tecma requires power to even pump water through it, let alone flush. Good luck, if it was working fine last time, it should be something simple....
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:39 PM   #3

Also check for a blade type fuse in your main 12 volt power distribution center.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:38 PM   #4

Does the trap door open and close when pressing button.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
SheriffBubba, I checked behind the toilet and there is no inline fuse that I can see. I actually cut the wall out behind the toilet to gain better access to the rear of the toilet and I cannot see any inline fuse. I also looked to see if there is a blade type fuse in both fuse locations (bedroom closet & outside front driver side compartment) and none say "Bathroom' or "lav" ect.

Outbound... The trap in the bowl does not open when either button is depressed.

Is there a way to manually flush the toilet without using the electric button controls?
Old 06-12-2021, 09:32 AM   #6

Ok. Well, unfortunately I no longer own the motorhome that had the Tecma toilet, so I can’t go look at it...
That toilet takes two things to flush... water and power.
Unfortunately you won’t get water through it without power.
If it had power, you would hear it trying to flush even with no water supplied to it.
Do you have a multi meter tester to determine if there is power from the wall switch to the toilet.
I know that you stated that the wall switch was lit up and the green light is on, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s sending a signal to the toilet to flush...
I wish that I could be of more help. I know how frustrating things like this are, especially with an upcoming trip. GOOD LUCK!
Let us know what the issue was once you get it sorted out.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:47 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
https://www.thetford.com/troubleshooting-diagrams/
Old 06-12-2021, 11:21 AM   #8

Have you tried the emergency flush? Hold either button down for about 10 seconds and it should flush.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:51 AM   #9

Sounds like you have a bad control board, they are still available from Thetford.
Not sure if there is a reset button on board, maybe someone knows.
Easy to remove toilet, 2 screws and waterline.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:08 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
You are getting power to the toilet since you said the lights are lit up. If you can't find the inline fuse behind the toilet, there should be one at the main 12 volt panel.

You want to 're-boot' the system by turning power off, then back on by removing/installing the fuse. It just might correct itself.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:20 AM   #11
YC1

We have the 2008 SKQ and there is a breaker only, no inline fuse anywhere along the line.

The 30 amp breaker feeds a controller in the toilet that then sorts out the power for the various circuits.

From dim memory but it will eventually light up. The breaker is in the box at the back of the battery compartment, If not there, in a box in the far right rear compartment but I will do some checking and if it is NOT in the battery compartment will report back.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Hi YC1, no luck finding a 30amp breaker. I searched thru the battery compartment as well as the last compartment on the passenger side rear. Both had small black boxes but did not contain any breakers.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:08 PM   #13
Community Moderator

I have a Newmar, but have two Tecma toilets. This is what the 30 amp self resetting circuit breakers look like in mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9599.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	332030
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 11:25 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I have a Newmar but have two Tecma toilets. This is what the 30 amp self-resetting circuit breakers look like in mine.

Attachment 332030
Hi Pasdad1, wow that's new to me, I never heard of a self-resetting breaker. Where is this located? And how does it "Self Reset"? If it can self reset then I wonder why mine didn't reset itself? This problem is very frustrating. I called my Mobile RV guy but he doesn't know when he can get me in his schedule.

Thank You for the advice, please answer my questions when you get a chance

Tags
ecm, electric, ford, tecma, toilet