Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2008, 07:24 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Where do you get copies of the two price books that dealers are using?
Shelia W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #16

The dealers use the NADA and Blue book guides. You can get "low & high retail" prices, but not trade-in values. These should be 10K to 15K below low retail and are set by banks & other sources, not the dealer. The dealer right now will hit your unit another 5K to 10K for todays market. For Monaco/Safari you should get 28% to 32%, they have a big markup.

2009 Phaeton 40QTH
Wade & Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I guess I need to be more aggressive with the dealers. I have been looking across the web and have checked with many dealers on their "orphan" units. Despite these units being upward of three years old the dealers are still trying to make top dollar off them. I understand they don't want a loss, but these things are albatrosses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here's one such example of an albatross. My dealer has had this 06 Sig on his lot for probably close to 3 years and can't get rid of it. Must be costing him a fortune. He's got it advertized at a 32% discount and I'll bet he'd still take another 60 grand off. One problem is it is red and tan - nice color scheme for a Ford Escape, but not so great on a Monaco Signature.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where do you get copies of the two price books that dealers are using? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe a free source to get info is the loan department of your bank and some libraries.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote