Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrona View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see the NADA value on a gas coach go up. With the high price of diesel along with the high mainteance costs, I think many folks are trading diesel for gas, putting them more in demand. At least, that's what a couple salesmen have told me as I peruse their stock.
Nothing a salesman says would surprise me!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Watch eBay, lots of buying going on and at middle of the range prices. More no reserve RVs selling at 20 to 30 % below book. Bank repos going up for sale by dealers with no reserve selling for $30,000.00 and more below book. Did see a 45' ProVost with a buy now for $850,000.00 with 14 bids at $650,000.00. Nice to have that kind of money to play with.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #17

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the NADA value on a gas coach go up. With the high price of diesel along with the high mainteance costs, I think many folks are trading diesel for gas, putting them more in demand. At least, that's what a couple salesmen have told me as I peruse their stock.
The best advice comes from a salesman when his mouth is closed.
Pairajays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Sounds to me the salsman is trying to dump some gas coaches . It has everything to do as to how you use your coach. Shorter trips and longer stays are perfect for gas coaches. Long trip and a lot of traveling are much more comfortable and cheaper in a diesel coach. How can I say that ? We have freinds with a gas coach that travel with us from time to time and their fuel costs are always higher than mine by the end of the trip.
Have you ever noticed how much stuff they sell to get a gas coach to get down the road. That happens when you try and use a gas coach in place of a diesel.
As for higher maintanance costs. I think it's a wash. ie: my moterhome uses 22 quarts of oil and a filter every 10,000 miles. Gas coachs have more frequent oil changes at shorter interveles.
Of course this is MY opinion and i'm sure others will differ. I guess it's all in how you justify it in your own mind.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
To be honest with you those are the 2 reasons (higher fuels costs and higher maintenance costs for diesel and added complexitity) that I went with a Gas MH instead of a diesel . Also, I have experience with gas engines and feel comfortable working on them.

But if I was a full timer I'd go with a diesel because they have a better ride, tend to have more amenities and have more power for mountain climbing.

However I am only 47 years old and work full time so being a full timer is only dream at this point in my life! so a gasser works best for me!
"jumppin' jack flash, it's a gas, gas, gas"!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny367 View Post
To be honest with you those are the 2 reasons (higher fuels costs and higher maintenance costs for diesel and added complexitity) that I went with a Gas MH instead of a diesel . Also, I have experience with gas engines and feel comfortable working on them.

But if I was a full timer I'd go with a diesel because they have a better ride, tend to have more amenities and have more power for mountain climbing.

However I am only 47 years old and work full time so being a full timer is only dream at this point in my life! so a gasser works best for me!
"jumppin' jack flash, it's a gas, gas, gas"!
Exactly as my son had done who is 48. He has a 1989 Bounder 36 ft and uses it to camp at the beach once a month. He bought it used 15 years ago from a Fireman who had put ALL the goodies on it. It still looks and works great,
Enjoy your new moterhome !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
It's the depression.............no equity in homes to borrow for new RVs etc. de Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #22

Gulf Streamers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
This past April I was in Germany and the German economy was humming along at an annualized rate of 12%. American was sitting at about 3%. The roads were full of RV’s. Ritzy hotels and various public facilities made way for their overnight parking. The German’s love their RV’s. The German RV’s run on much more expensive gas then ours.

China just recently ordered 10,000 RV’s from a California RV manufacturer whom was about ready to close their doors. Seems the Chinese have a new found interest in RV’ing.

RV’ing is universal thing. A happy and vibrant people whether American, Chinese, or German, will go RV’ing!

Hopefully, at some point in time our economy will bounce back. And then the American people will then pay a premium for an RV! The Law of Supply and Demand. Let’s face it -- they aren’t making RV’s like they used to.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #23

Can't find the book

How can I get a copy of th RV NADA price book? Everywhere I look just send me to more sights
Km0060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRV4FUN View Post
This past April I was in Germany and the German economy was humming along at an annualized rate of 12%. American was sitting at about 3%. The roads were full of RV’s. Ritzy hotels and various public facilities made way for their overnight parking. The German’s love their RV’s. The German RV’s run on much more expensive gas then ours.

China just recently ordered 10,000 RV’s from a California RV manufacturer whom was about ready to close their doors. Seems the Chinese have a new found interest in RV’ing.

RV’ing is universal thing. A happy and vibrant people whether American, Chinese, or German, will go RV’ing!

Hopefully, at some point in time our economy will bounce back. And then the American people will then pay a premium for an RV! The Law of Supply and Demand. Let’s face it -- they aren’t making RV’s like they used to.
You might also want to compare their current standard of living as compared to ours - last time I checked, WE were down to 22nd world wide, and dropping like a rock compared to other nations we USED to look down our noses at...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #25

Gulf Streamers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
... dropping like a rock compared to other nations we USED to look down our noses at...
Just heard today that the Fed has a new name for another quantitative easing (QE) scheme and they are pushing for another devaluation of king dollar.

If they screw around with it again and name it something else... Canada will get two new citizens EH!

I'm afraid someday we may wake up and find our savings are worth less...
Old 09-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

This is your friendly neighborhood admin here reminding everyone that the topic of this thread is NADA values. Please stay on topic and don't venture into the political arena.

Thanks,

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Ricko I'm sorry I used the "D" word. deSanford PS the cost of new motorhomes is going up and that should help increase the resale value of used motorhomes check the NADA values.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Km0060 View Post
How can I get a copy of th RV NADA price book? Everywhere I look just send me to more sights
Try New Car Prices, Used Car Values, New Car Reviews & Car Buying Guides - NADAguides.com Official Site

The upper right side of the page has a link to "buy"

You might not want to buy price books, note on this page that one can look up prices on most cars, boats and RV's for example.