Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
We've used Miller Ins for the past 7 years. I had asked them to shop around since we had such as huge increase for no apparent reason, but they couldn't come up with anything better.

I had my local insurance guy quote it and he found Nationwide within a day or so. I just paid the premium $749. I hate to say it, but it's like Miller didn't want to make an effort.
Thats unfortunate Bill. I was with Progressive, but Miller saved me about $1000 a year with Nat Gen. I will closely monitor renewals as I tend to think we are all paying too much for insurance on our coaches.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2019, 08:55 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
That’s unfortunate Bill. I was with Progressive, but Miller saved me about $1000 a year with Nat Gen. I will closely monitor renewals as I tend to think we are all paying too much for insurance on our coaches.
Paul,

I was with progressive years ago. They did the same thing to me, rates jumped after a couple years with no claims. I found Miller (probably on here) and thought I have found the Holy Grail. They did a great job for many years. Not sure what happened at this renewal period. I really didn't want to part ways.

I recently came across a local insurance guy that my son had met. I'm hoping he'll work out and I'll have him quote other policies as they come up for renewal.

Someone once told me "A new broom always sweeps clean"
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
yiks. Maybe you're full time, not sure. I'd shop around.
been full time for 7 years, last increase was about 100 last year as best I recall, have been with this company for 3 years. Maybe we all have to pay for their losses, my fire evac area did not result in an increase. I see a lot of people with rv fire loss not related to fire storms, more so from equipment failures or owner error. Agents really have to just accept what the company says and does. I need to adjust coverage I guess.
King Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_rep View Post
Rates are based on your area. Think about the claims they have had as a result of the storms of the last three years.
like I said, most reps just accept what is offered. The coverage is only replacement value, it is liability and limited as to what it offers. I need to be in a collision to make a claim. No tickets, no claims, and minimal mileage considering. So insurance has less financial exposure and charges me more for it.
King Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #19

Nat. Gen. for 2 years now through FMCA, the fmca never called me back so I just renewed with them, the policy went up about 300. Not full timers.
policy is 1189 I think.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:26 PM   #20

Howdy!

I’ve been insured with National General for the last three years. The premiums Started out at just over $1800.00 a year and to over $4400.00 this year with no claims. I’m dropping them and going back to USAA.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Is Miller Insurance Agency a broker can someone tell me the phone number I would like to check it out thank you
Old 09-15-2019, 09:48 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott 61 View Post
is miller insurance agency a broker can someone tell me the phone number i would like to check it out thank you
503 636-6347
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #23

Howdy!

I went through Chris Yust who I met at a Escapp s Escapade. Is wrote the policy for National General. Started out great and saved me money. But the policy has increased every year. The only reason I get from National General is that Texas has increased the cost of insurance. If that’s the reason why can USAA write the same policy for thousands less? USAA covers my vehicles and they go through Progressive for the RV..

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
Old 09-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #24

States do not increase insurance rates unless EVERYONE is getting newly-regulated... And since the insurance industry has quite effectively bought themselves a government in every state...

What they claim about Texas is a load of horse pucky. Their rates are increasing b/c they decided to make more money and calculated that they could do it without losing more than x% of customers. Insurance companies calculate the numbers of EVERYTHING. It's what they do.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
We've used Miller Ins for the past 7 years. I had asked them to shop around since we had such as huge increase for no apparent reason, but they couldn't come up with anything better.

I had my local insurance guy quote it and he found Nationwide within a day or so. I just paid the premium $749. I hate to say it, but it's like Miller didn't want to make an effort.
I had much the same results with Miller. Gave them my info, shortly thereafter they called and wanted to know how much I was paying. Told them they were supposed to find out the costs and I'd choose. Never heard a word from them, nor received any proposals.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
South Dakota Insurance

If it's okay to post this here, could someone who is happy with their motorhome insurance please make a suggestion on who to contact for FULL TIME insurance coverage for the state of South Dakota.

My rates are insanely high and my very sweet insurance agent stated it is due to the volume of claims as a result of hail damage in South Dakota.
Apparently, Progressive is one of the very few companies that will write a full-time policy for South Dakota.

Need a break as my rates continue to climb sky high....

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #27

Howdy!

If you are a Veteran or have a Veteran in your family check into using USAA. I just switched our fulltime RV insurance back to them. We used National General for a few years. Never should have left USAA.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
Old 09-21-2019, 03:47 PM   #28

I thought a rate increase was about to happen to me with Progressive. It turns out that the quote in the automatic renewal process included lowering my deductibles. When I restored my level of coverage to that which I currently have, my cost was approximately the same.

I also had Progressive for about 15 years on my previous RV. My cost went down slightly every year.

Tags
national