Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2019, 07:30 AM   #43

Hey sir ,so what are u saying about this rv insurance with USAA.Usaa does not cover rv,s .Retired military guy here thanks
Dogbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2019, 07:39 AM   #44

Hey did u find any rv insurance any cheaper,thanks
Dogbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbig View Post
Hey sir ,so what are u saying about this rv insurance with USAA.Usaa does not cover rv,s .Retired military guy here thanks
Here is the USAA story. USAA will write for RV Trailers and 5th wheels. They will not write for motorhomes. USAA defers the member to the USAA General Agency, and then on to Progressive. Progressive is not always the cheapest, whether through USAA GA or other sources. Best to shop around a lot.
The rates are state driven based upon where the RV is domiciled.
chipf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #46

I started with Progressive since USAA doesn't cover motor homes. IN 3 years I've seen the premiums rise to over double and I've made no claims ,and like all insurance companies, this ploy must work well for many insurance companies. Raising prices makes a lot of people quit them and new recruits take over until they get the raises also. Never ending battle. I change when my wallet starts to feel the pinch. I don't have any friends in the insurance industry I can call my pals. They all seem to be used car salesmen and women. Same reputations.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:20 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Nationwide will write South Dakota fulltimers policy as will Progressive. We presently have Nationwide on the coach and USAA on the cars. Many of those that will insure fulltimers want to have the cars and the coach under the same policy, I think it helps with the liability thing, also helps with business. For us, Nationwide was low on coach and very high on cars and Progressive, checked through USAA, was high on coach and good on cars. Just have to look around and compare I guess. USAA does write on RV's, but sends you directly to a special division of Progressive. Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert
Old 09-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #48

National general

Not only do they seem to increase the prices every year but I just experienced the unbelievable. To begin, I have no tickets or accidents and I am 73 years old. I have driven our motorhomes, varying from 21' to 39', over 20 years with no problem. When I called to have my husband removed from the policy due to his passing, I was absolutely shocked. My insurance suddenly went up $1500 a year because I am now SINGLE. I said so in other words, I am being penalized for my husband passing away. The only answer from anyone at National General was I am now SINGLE, despite my good driving record, never having a claim and being with them for what like forever. I said I am not a young person who hops bars, etc. but it made no difference. So my word of advice, never report a spouse passing to your car insurance company.
truesdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #49

Howdy!

I just spent three hours on the phone today trying to get National General to repair the windshield in our Smart Car. Never had a claim with them in the last three years and so glad I didn’t. What a horrible run around. My policy expires this month and glad I’m moving back to USAA which I near should have left. USAA provided us with great coverage when we had to file a claim. National General buyer beware!

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #50

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by truesdall View Post
Not only do they seem to increase the prices every year but I just experienced the unbelievable. To begin, I have no tickets or accidents and I am 73 years old. I have driven our motorhomes, varying from 21' to 39', over 20 years with no problem. When I called to have my husband removed from the policy due to his passing, I was absolutely shocked. My insurance suddenly went up $1500 a year because I am now SINGLE. I said so in other words, I am being penalized for my husband passing away. The only answer from anyone at National General was I am now SINGLE, despite my good driving record, never having a claim and being with them for what like forever. I said I am not a young person who hops bars, etc. but it made no difference. So my word of advice, never report a spouse passing to your car insurance company.
Same thing for me when my wife died. $400 increase since one car was now "unrated". This was with The Hartford.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #51

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
We've used Miller Ins for the past 7 years. I had asked them to shop around since we had such as huge increase for no apparent reason, but they couldn't come up with anything better.

I had my local insurance guy quote it and he found Nationwide within a day or so. I just paid the premium $749. I hate to say it, but it's like Miller didn't want to make an effort.
I had the same experience with Miller. They even went so far as to ask what I was paying and who with. I told them their job was to find numbers and I'd choose. Never heard from them again.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national