Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2022, 09:07 AM   #1

Navigator / Aqua hot

I have a 2005 Navigator @45' long, I was testing the Aqua Hot, seeing that baby its cold outside! replaced the nozzle and fuel filter this summer. running on diesel 0 deg outside set thermostats to 70, inside temp at 55, both heat exchangers in the bedroom blowing hot along with the 2 kitchen exchangers, blowing hot from the dash, is that on exchanger or are they using the heater core from engine?
My question is, is this about it? or should I expect more and look into it? I really dont plan on using the rig in that kind of cold, but you never know.
Oh, its a 100 03s 50k btu unit
Thanks
Mike
And Merry Christmas to all
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Should be getting 140deg or higher out of each heat exchanger.
Old 12-24-2022, 10:23 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Even in 0-degree weather your Aqua Hot should keep both the interior and basement warm. As long as you are using the diesel burner. The Aqua Hot electric element will do very little.
There should be a heat exchanger in the bathroom with a separate fan switch. There are also heat exchangers in the kitchen and under the couch. The heat exchanger in the bottom center of the dash is also connected to the Aqua Hot.
Make sure the Aqua Hot diesel burner is on and all three Zones are set to Furnace.

Your owners manual has a nice diagram on page 200.
Download it here: https://www.holidayrambler.com/owners-manuals/
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 10:25 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Turn the thermostat to a higher setting and let it run for a while. Also make sure the basement register is putting out hot air as this might help the floors get warm.

I don't have an Aquahot system but from what I read it should do better then that.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:04 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I can see it taking several hours to get a cold coach to 70F.

All that tile flooring, corian counters, take a lot of time to warm up!
Old 12-24-2022, 02:46 PM   #6

i'll check that temp Ben, Tks
Tks Vito, no couches and I don't see any plumbing to where they would have been? 2 in bedroom, 2 in kitchen, yea, 1 in bathroom that's it's own zone & the dash.
I want to blow out the heat exchangers & check temp, I'll have to check the tank temp, I see it should have a 185° thermostat.
How often would I have to change boiler fluid? Does it go bad?
Thanks
Old 12-24-2022, 03:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
i'll check that temp Ben, Tks
Tks Vito, no couches and I don't see any plumbing to where they would have been? 2 in bedroom, 2 in kitchen, yea, 1 in bathroom that's it's own zone & the dash.
I want to blow out the heat exchangers & check temp, I'll have to check the tank temp, I see it should have a 185° thermostat.
How often would I have to change boiler fluid? Does it go bad?
Thanks
it gets old and not as effective at heat transfer as well as sticky as far as pumps and valves.
But a 100-3 is not going to bring the temperature up toasty very quick in zero degree weather. I run up to 4 ceramics and supplement them with the aquahot when needed, like early morning warmups. The front center grill is a heat exchanger. You might also have a switch in your toilet room with another. That one really puts out the heat in my coach. I also keep a small 300 watt ceramic in the wet bay to supplement the bay heat. Mostly safety backups. If things freeze up you better bale for indoor heated parking without it when it's subzero. Was just -34 where I live. Wouldn't even think about staying in a coach in that low a temp.
Being in Ms you really should be in pretty good shape once you have it warmed up
Old 12-24-2022, 06:28 PM   #8

Cleaning combustion chamber of soot is also part of maintenance to increase efficiency/heat transfer . Not saying it's your issue but every bit helps.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 06:46 AM   #9

AquaHot website does not recommend flushing the system unless the boiler fluid is out of spec. Test it with a coolant refractometer - should be between 35%-50% propylene glycol to water ratio.
You may have air in the heating zone loops. The service manual has a detailed procedure to purge the system. Basically jumper the circulation pump lead to ground and run the pump while the fill cap is off.
markpj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 07:03 AM   #10

That 100-3Y not be the original AH. Seems small. Are you on AH diesel. Not electric. Of you can get the main unit check the hoses. The ones at the top should go to the heat exchangers. The check valves sometimes get stuck. Unless a Navigator is different nothing should be coming from the dash. The dash system is not connected to the AH. With engine not running and key off the fan for the dash outlet is not under power.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 07:04 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
I have a 2005 Navigator @45' long, I was testing the Aqua Hot, seeing that baby its cold outside! replaced the nozzle and fuel filter this summer. running on diesel 0 deg outside set thermostats to 70, inside temp at 55, both heat exchangers in the bedroom blowing hot along with the 2 kitchen exchangers, blowing hot from the dash, is that on exchanger or are they using the heater core from engine?
My question is, is this about it? or should I expect more and look into it? I really dont plan on using the rig in that kind of cold, but you never know.
Oh, its a 100 03s 50k btu unit
Thanks
Mike
And Merry Christmas to all
I had an 07 Navigator and didn’t care for the heat the Aqua Hot put out either. From the bathroom back it was nice and toasty, but sitting in the living room area always was cool. Had the coolant flushed and the unit serviced and it was putting out in the 140 degree area for temps. Just couldn’t overcome that big windshield and the chill off the glass. I ran an infrared heater up there to help some. The little register in the dash was putting out great heat but needed to be 3 times larger if it was to keep up. The other heat for that area was a big register with a 3 speed blower and 3 outlets coming off of it. 2 under the kitchen sink area and one under the pass side couch. Our travel has changed and we sold it and bought a new fifth wheel and truck. The furnace in the fifth wheel will run you out it can get so warm. I think they needed a back up propane furnace in the Navigator if a person was to truly heat the front area. Just my opinion, from real world experience with it.
Old 12-25-2022, 12:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
That 100-3Y not be the original AH. Seems small. Are you on AH diesel. Not electric. Of you can get the main unit check the hoses. The ones at the top should go to the heat exchangers. The check valves sometimes get stuck. Unless a Navigator is different nothing should be coming from the dash. The dash system is not connected to the AH. With engine not running and key off the fan for the dash outlet is not under power.
There is definitely an aquahot heater core dead center bottom of the dash, rt off the floor.

Tags
aqua hot