Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2017, 06:52 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We got our insurance thru the AARP with the Hartford Insurance Co. For the MH we pay $927/yr. We also got our homeowners and auto insurance thru the Hartford at the same time. We unfortunately had an accident with the MH and they paid for everything (except the deductible) - no problems. What yours will cost will depend on your vehicle, deductible, etc. but it's worth a phone call.

They now include, at no extra charge, a Roadside Assistance Plan.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2017, 07:17 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
NC Motorhome Insurance Quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1979 View Post
I received a notice that Allied Casualty(Nationwide) would no longer insure motorhomes in NC. I have been paying about $1000 per year for the policy. Contacted Good Sam who stated that they checked several companies and lowest quote was for $1800 for the year. My wife and I have no claims and no tickets in over 10 years and I also have a class "A" truck license. Wondering if anyone has any recommendation of companies that might offer a reasonable rate. I think it is a ridiculous amount of money on a vehicle only used once a month and worth about 160k.

Thanks for any recomendations and apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I just started a thread last night in the General Discussions Forum it's titled "Nationwide now Safeco" Certain states have higher claims based on averages is what what I heard from my agent and thus is the reason some go up and some do not.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I got sticker shock from Progressive a couple of weeks ago. I had a 2012 Coachmen Mirada and was paying $655 per year. I traded it for a 2012 Diplomat and they quoted me $1900 for it. I haven’t had any accidents or claims. I realize the value of the Diplomat is higher, but that premium is ridiculous.

I will be looking at changing deductibles and shopping around for other quotes.

USAA is my home and auto insurance, but they “farm out” RV, boat, motorcycle and classic car insurance to other companies.
Dandick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I have USAA for home,auto and the motor coach and Harley are Progressive. Good prices!
devildawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #19

Best quote I have had so far in NC is Progressive but I have my car and home with them too. They were still $500 more than what I was paying before with Allied. I am continuing to shop. I highly recommend paying a little extra for the glass coverage. It saved me over $3000 for a windshield if it ever gets hit by a rock and needs replacement. Don't believe most policies cover glass under comprehensive but could be wrong.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1979 View Post
Best quote I have had so far in NC is Progressive but I have my car and home with them too. They were still $500 more than what I was paying before with Allied. I am continuing to shop. I highly recommend paying a little extra for the glass coverage. It saved me over $3000 for a windshield if it ever gets hit by a rock and needs replacement. Don't believe most policies cover glass under comprehensive but could be wrong.

Glass has no deductible with Safeco and it didn't with Allied either (National Nationwide) when I had them.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #21

I also received my notice from Nationwide so shopping for insurance. I'm a "real" SD resident and use to be our insurance was cheaper than most states. Shopped with good Sam's, USAA (push thru to Progressive), and 3 other brokers. They all came back with Progressive, and each one quoted a different price! From Highest to lowest was $600 ... hard to believe with the same company! The highest Progressive quote was through USAA ... I would have thought that would have been the lowest since USAA has my all my autos! Haven't checked with Hartford yet as not an AARP member (and don't want to be for personal reasons) and when I do try to get a quote on their website and I don't select all my cars or house, it comes back as "Thank you for considering The Hartford, but we are unable to provide you insurance coverage based on the information you provided." So don't know if that is because I'm not transferring all my cars/houses to them or because I'm not a AARP member. Progressive charge for full windshield coverage for my Busis $104 p/y. Still shopping and pricing as my Allied/Nationwide insurance does not expire untill the end of January. Looks like it will cost me at least $200 more per year regardless of which insurance company I go with. Good luck
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:05 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehghcty View Post
I also received my notice from Nationwide so shopping for insurance. I'm a "real" SD resident and use to be our insurance was cheaper than most states. Shopped with good Sam's, USAA (push thru to Progressive), and 3 other brokers. They all came back with Progressive, and each one quoted a different price! From Highest to lowest was $600 ... hard to believe with the same company! The highest Progressive quote was through USAA ... I would have thought that would have been the lowest since USAA has my all my autos! Haven't checked with Hartford yet as not an AARP member (and don't want to be for personal reasons) and when I do try to get a quote on their website and I don't select all my cars or house, it comes back as "Thank you for considering The Hartford, but we are unable to provide you insurance coverage based on the information you provided." So don't know if that is because I'm not transferring all my cars/houses to them or because I'm not a AARP member. Progressive charge for full windshield coverage for my Busis $104 p/y. Still shopping and pricing as my Allied/Nationwide insurance does not expire untill the end of January. Looks like it will cost me at least $200 more per year regardless of which insurance company I go with. Good luck
If you're not an AARP member you can't get a quote through the AARP/The Hartford site. You have to be an AARP member and I'd rather not be either due to their support of certain un-American policies.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:35 PM   #23

FWIW ... I had a fellow RVer tell me to call Hartford rather than get a quote on-line, then if you like the quote and go with them they will charge a year membership to AARP on the first billing. He only paid the membership the first year, and has not paid since (3 years) for AARP membership but he still gets his annual billing from Harford w/o the AARP member charge. I might try that route to see if there is a significant savings.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #24

I have the Hartford insurance, got the online quote and then called them. They quoted me and said they would enroll me in AARP but they never did. I'm paying over 600/yr , Farmers want over 1400, GSM over 850 , without towing. Dave
Old 12-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #25

I didn't want to join AARP either, but for over $400 a year, I can check my ego at the door...
Old 12-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #26

I agree I could swallow my pride for $400, so I called them. For the state of "South Dakota," to start a new MH policy I'd have to transfer all my vehicles to them ... they don't just write a new only MH policy for SD. I have 5 vehicles not including the MH and really don't want to transfer them from USAA at this time. So I guess I can cross Hartford off my list for a new Hartford SD policy and understand now why I was getting the on-line statement "Thank you for considering The Hartford, but we are unable to provide you insurance coverage based on the information you provided."
Old 12-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Who is the USSA company?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #28

It’s USAA. More info at usaa.com. They service active/retired military and their families, but have opened their membership over the years so not sure who all can join now.

Tags
insurance, motorhome