Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2022, 04:58 PM   #1

Need a repair shop for slide-out

We have a 13 foot kitchen slide-out that is drooping (about 1 inch or more) to the outside when extended. A mobile RV company was unable to do anything and said, most likely the entire slide out will have to be removed to repair/replace parts. The motor runs perfect and it slides in/out just fine. The slide-out just droops when extended.

I'm in Southern Arizona currently heading very slowly toward Tennessee starting in March. Does anybody have a repair shop recommendation for this repair?

We have an appointment in June at the factory in Decatur, Indiana that I would like to cancel.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2022, 12:48 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Look up a guy on YouTube called AZ tech. I believe he has contact information on his YouTube channel. He’s in the Phoenix area but he does travel and he has fixed quite a few slides on his channel.

Tim
Old 01-12-2022, 04:58 AM   #3

Transwest in KC. Plan ahead if you can move your RV.

2000 Monaco Executive. 350 Cummins.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:05 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Does the entire slide drop an inch or just one end -- Any unusual noise when operating slide in or out -- Do both ends move out & in even -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:26 AM   #5

Unless your floor has failed, isn't this just an adjustment ? Taking your slide out sounds like the first tech was over his head.
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:33 PM   #6

Timaz: I've Googled and YouTube search with no results. Can you give me a better name?
FastE: Thank you, I sent Transwest and email. Yes the slide out moves with no noise or hesitation

William Willard: No noise, both ends move just fine. No floor damage. The top slide outs further then the bottom therefore, the droop.
Iceclimber: I found adjustments on You Tube for when one side is out further then the other. But not for a droop. I agree, he may have been over his head and didn't want to admit it!

When the slide out is out the stove/oven are also out of level. (duh) Cooking/baking have become interesting. The first cake was lopsided.
Old 01-13-2022, 04:16 PM   #7

Is your slide out operated by cable or the worm like pattern on the sides?

2000 Monaco Executive. 350 Cummins.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:40 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesaz View Post
Timaz: I've Googled and YouTube search with no results. Can you give me a better name?
FastE: Thank you, I sent Transwest and email. Yes the slide out moves with no noise or hesitation

William Willard: No noise, both ends move just fine. No floor damage. The top slide outs further then the bottom therefore, the droop.
Iceclimber: I found adjustments on You Tube for when one side is out further then the other. But not for a droop. I agree, he may have been over his head and didn't want to admit it!

When the slide out is out the stove/oven are also out of level. (duh) Cooking/baking have become interesting. The first cake was lopsided.
Timaz was half right, it is called AZ Expert. Watched one of his you tubes today. He seems to know what he's talking about. Good luck, Don.
DiplomatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:50 PM   #9

Azexpert

The guy is in Mesa, Az and does work out of Cannases(sp) Rv repair. I have watched numerous YouTube’s on him and he knows his stuff, especially on roof repairs and slide repairs. Travato John
jl.kauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:46 AM   #10

thanks all for the AZ Expert name. I found him and will call him today!!
It is a slim rack: has the exposed rack on the slide outs. top and bottom, each side.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:58 AM   #11

AZ Expert (928-750-0127) is now based in Yuma and is closed due to covid. sigh
I did find an email, sent a request to talk.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:01 AM   #12

Your slide manufacturer should have a list of service providers.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 02:18 PM   #13

I would suggest National Indoor RV. They have a location near Phoenix AZ. They handle everything, and I have found them very competent and reasonable on price. They also have overnight parking with hookups.

Great rep and almost a cult following....

11280 N Solar Canyon Way
Surprise, AZ 85379 1-877-549-0601
Bomberguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:05 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
We went to Kimbroughs, just outside Red Bay, AL. very reasonable & Tiffin sends a lot of their work to them. Don't know if it's on your way to TN
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, repair, slide