RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Need a RV Remodel in Central California

Since we are not going on that cruise this summer, I thought I would have a remodel done on the 2007 Diplomat. It needs new carpet in the bedroom, nice vinyl planking in the front, install an Amish conversion on the Norcold, some paint work, etc.

I live in San Luis Obispo, half way between LA and San Francisco. Can anyone recommend a shop in Central California?

Thanks,
Luke
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2020, 08:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Talk to Joel @ Final Touch Coachworks in Santa Clarita, CA.

he did our Knight. I'd highly suggest doing a residential fridge instead of the Amish unit for the fridge. My Amish unit did not keep up so I put a Samsung RF197 in...Ordered it from Home Depot down the street and they delivered it to the shop. Best investment I ever made in that thing!
ivan_drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa View Post
Since we are not going on that cruise this summer, I thought I would have a remodel done on the 2007 Diplomat. It needs new carpet in the bedroom, nice vinyl planking in the front, install an Amish conversion on the Norcold, some paint work, etc.

I live in San Luis Obispo, half way between LA and San Francisco. Can anyone recommend a shop in Central Califo
Thanks,
Luke

Hey Luke, Move to Mesa & I`ll fix you right up -- Been nice here so far, only 110 degrees -- Bill
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:31 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Talking

Willard,
If I would have known I would have so much time available, I would have stayed in Mesa and put you and Henrik to work.

What brand of flooring do you recommend?
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Luke -- There`s alot of options for your flooring -- Pergo makes a nice, water proof flooring -- It`s a floating floor -- That means it`s not glued down-- It`s easy to install till you get in tight spaces, then not so easy -- It snaps together, so you need room to join the planks -- It will need trim around walls -- If I was installing a new floor in our`s, I would go with engineered hardwood -- It`s glued down & can cut it close to walls & such -- Do you have carpet or tile in the living area -- Tile is a real bitch to remove -- The OSB sub floor comes up in chunks --

Have you considered a Sansung in place of the RV frig -- It`s a nice upgrade--

Don`t catch a cold from the ocean breeze -- We`re staying warm here -- Bill
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, remodel