Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2010, 06:25 AM   #1

Need Advice On Right Side Slide Problem

We have a 2006 Scepter DSQ 42' with four slides. We have recently had a problem retracting both curb side slides. All slides are electric. When depressing the retract side of the switch on either curb side slide there appears to be no power going to the motors. After repeatedly depressing either switch and holding either switch down power eventually returns. Power to the extend side of the either switch is normal and instantaneous. The road side slides work fine. I have tried new switches, checked all connections to the switches, the molex connectors behind the panel, checked connections on the control board and replaced the auto-reset breaker on the control board. No luck on a fix. I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas
HRScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2 HRScepter.
You have a long list of what you have done how about the 12v fuse panel have you checked the screw connections for both the + & - wires off the panel.
Vibration will loosen them up some times. Not sure you have separate fusing for all four slides or they might have doubled them up.
Are motors exposed to the elements or in inclosed area's if exposed check wiring for grounds to frame of coach for corrosion.
If non of above helps out let us know.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #3

Thank you for the response 007. There are no fuses for the slides on the 12v fuse panel, it uses a single automatic resetting circuit breaker on the control board for the slides. I have installed a new one of those with no change. The slide control board (small circuit board) is located in a large junction box in the engine bay along with the master circuit breaker and the solar panel controller. I have checked all the connections on the control board. I suspect the control board, or one of the relays on it may be the problem.

The motors on all four slides are enclosed and away from the elements. I will disconnect and reconnect the connections on each drive motor to see if that makes a difference.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #4

Disconnect and reconnecting the wiring harness connections to the motors had no change. Dealer service also suspects relays on control board or control board. I have an appointment to take in Friday for troubleshooting and repair.

I've tried everything I can think of and looking for other ideas. Regardless I will post final solution when known.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I would be looking for a poor ground associated with the curb side motors. It may be that both motors on that side share a ground.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #6

I will take a look at that possibility also. If the ground is faulty would it effect both extend and retract equally? Just a question from someone that is not good at chasing electrons very well.