Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Need Coax Diagram for TV, DVD, Home Theater etc.

Hi!

I need some help again.
I have a 2002 Monaco Windsor and I need the Coax Diagram for the
Front TV, Rear TV, Outside TV, Home Theater, DVD/VHS, & Push Button Control Center. The last owner messed it all up and I can't get anything to work. I would like take it all out and start new. I need a diagram of how it is was connected from the factory. It should also show me what the Coax wire numbers are.

I'm sure there are other Monaco coaches that have the same setup.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Phil
dapperphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hello Phil - I have a PDF of the schematics in the owners manual but there are are no numbers shown. PM me if you want me to email it to you.

Alan
02 Windsor PKD
Beaverton, Or.
alan.roberts@yahoo.com
str8six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Phil.....Have you changed out the TV's to digital yet? If so, I tossed the switch box and wired everything directly to the TV's. If you need some info on how I did mine....let me know.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Phil.....Have you changed out the TV's to digital yet? If so, I tossed the switch box and wired everything directly to the TV's. If you need some info on how I did mine....let me know.
Hi Don .... I have an '08 Diplomat PDQ - guessing the wiring is similiar - I'd like to get rid of the switch box in mine - interested in how you did yours?
flyinraptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to everyone here I believe I have all the info I need to proceed with re-doing my entertainment system.

Stay Well & Safe Travels
Phil
dapperphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Don,
Don't want to hijack the thread but I am a new to me owner of a monaco 05 dynasty. I also need some help with the setup. I will pm you with my email address if you don't mind assisting me. I have a sharp lcd in the front and regular flat screen in the bedroom. Also has inmotion satellite system. Thanks
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:49 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Don,
Thanks for the pm and the assistance.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
rewire for digital

Quote:
would like to know how to do the same on my MH Don.
OnJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'm going to have to correct my statement. I changed my coach to HD and tossed the switchbox. The HD receiver forced me to make the connections another way. On mine, I use one HD receiver and connected HD to the front TV, digital to the rear. I was able to connect my Home Theater system to the front TV only. When I replaced my rear TV, I bought one with a built in DVD player or you can buy a small DVD player and add it to the TV. You can also purchase to HD receivers and place one in the bedroom giving you HD at both locations. I was willing to sacrifice and run only digital in the rear because we don't watch that one that often.

I no longer use my crank up antenna and campground cable runs only to my front TV. I was willing to lose the crank up antenna and cable to the rear bedroom to run the front TV in HD, a direct connection of the Home Theater system and dump the switchbox.

If you're going to run a digital satellite (dome), you're still better off with the switchbox.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I am in the process of changing the TV from the old Sony tube to a Samsung LCD. I started back in Mar removing the Sony and breadboarding the Samsung in mounting it on a swing out mount etc. I also bought the King, Jack antenna to replace my wrecked Winegard. It worked so well that I now am in the process of "cleaning up" the setup. I have cut the cabinet down about 4-5" inches overall and have scrapped the Sony 4 position video switch in the AV cabinet. Over the next few days I'll get it all jelled up and looking good. I havn't figuered out how to treat the bedroom TV yet. The only thing we use it for is to provide background noise till we go to sleep so perhaps I'll just leave it on the Sat box. I've taken a lot of pix but don't know how to post them here.

Ron