Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #1

Need emergency measurements

I parked our 2001 monaco Windsor 40' in florida for the month while we went back home to the cold. I forgot to measure the two tv cabinets openings (We have the original tv's) and we are hoping to find them on sale in the next week's. Does anyone have this class a that could measure the two tv storage boxes.

Thanks
grimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimb View Post
I parked our 2001 monaco Windsor 40' in florida for the month while we went back home to the cold. I forgot to measure the two tv cabinets openings (We have the original tv's) and we are hoping to find them on sale in the next week's. Does anyone have this class a that could measure the two tv storage boxes.

Thanks
I can't help you but I might suggest posting your floor plan so there is no confusion. It's the 3 letter identifier after the 40' windsor.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #3

Good afternoon Grimb; Well here goes. I have an 01 Windsor 34' PBS. Start with the bedroom TV, original Quasar 20" tube TV. Best that I can give you is center to center width on the holes for the screws that hold the frame on is, width, 21.25" Height for holes is 19.0" The outside of the frame dimensions are, width 22.62" and height is 20.5". The only way to know the actual hole opening dimensions would require the wood frame to be removed and I have glued the oak buttons that cover the screw holes so I hope this info helps some. On to the front. Previous owner had the cabinet re- done as now there is a 32" flat screen Insigna TV there now in place of the 25" Quasar. I believe the only dimensions changed were the depth to the cabinet to get rid of the Monaco Head Banger. So here goes. The width of the cabined, inside measure, is 25.5". The height, can't be 100% sure that is was not modified, is 20.5". I don't know if this will help, but I will give you the outside dimensions of the 32" flat screen which are, width, 28.75" and the height is 17.25". It blends in very nice with the modified front cabinet. Not sure if any of this helps, but could give you a start. Sorry, don't know yet how to do pictures. If you have some more questions, just post them. Hopefully some one with all original TV's will chine in here. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 PM   #4

The coach is a 2001 Monaco windsor 40 PBD. if that helps
grimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:57 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced bot my analog TV's wit flat screens. I selected TV's that were thin on the sides so they could mount within the existing cabinet without significant modification.

The front box measures 29" between the 2 sides. There is a frame inset within the box. I took a router and trimmed mos of this off leaving ~1". I purchased a Hitachi TV from Sam's which measures 28 7/8" wide so it fits snugly within the box and rests against the inner frame. I wanted to take advantage of the large space behind the TV so I used a standard swing out type mount and mounted on a vertical post that I fastened in the box in the correct location. Also, I did not want the TV bouncing so I use screen fasteners (twist type) that holds the TV tight withing the cabinet. I simply turn the fasteners and the TV will swing out, I can go either direction, I can actually swing it out and turn it toward the front door and sit outside to watch if I want. I added a shelf in the cabinet and am able to use it to store DVD's & CD's and then on the bottom we keep other stuff, camera, binoculars etc.

The rear TV I did not modify the box band found a TV that fit between the sides of the cabinet. I left the front decorative frame in place and I made a long arm mount with swivel head to mount the TV on. I have a Sharp TV that measures ~21" and sticks out sightly from the front frame but not a nuisance. I can swing the TV to be able to use the space for storage, keeping toilet paper and paper towels. I mounted the TV high in the cabinet and left enough room to put a DVD player. I keep the TV snug to the frame by using a bungee cord, when the TV is pulled in against the cabinet it also rests on top of the DVD player so the mount has minimal weight bouncing on it and helps prevent the back of the TV from taking too much weight.

Newer TV's are extremely light, however, the rear mount is not designed to take constant bouncing. The first TV I mounted in the front was a Sanyo. Over time the back mount actually started to fail, cracking letting the TV start to sit lower. I happen to notice this, removed and reinforced. That is why my current mounts both allow the TV's to rest on something and are held in place to prevent bouncing.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote