Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2017, 04:33 AM   #1

Need help! Radiator fan leaking!

Well, after traveling back North with my "new to me" dynasty, I am now stranded in Georgia... one of the fans on the radiator is leaking hydraulic fluid like crazy! Lost power steering and coach started to overheat. Now I am stuck! Looks to be leaking from a gasket/seal on the fan motor. Can anyone help me with a recommendation around the Marrietta GA area that can fix this? What a way to start my new RV adventure! ANY help would be greatly appreciated! !!
MonacoMarc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2017, 04:49 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Berendsen Fluid Power

This company has helped a lot of folks with the hydraulic fan motor. Lucky for you they have a shop in Marietta. Just click on locations for info and phone.

Good Luck
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:00 AM   #3

Thanks Twomed. I spoke with him just a little bit ago. Unfortunately, he is unable to help. What a nightmare. I have my 10 year old son with me and he is really worried. Hope to fund someone/somewhere to have this fixed, even if I have to leave it and drive home.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry you are having this issue. It raises the question about who to call for problems with the hydraulic fan motors on older coaches with side radiators.

Just a long shot but there is a place in Coburg, Oregon, Source Engineering, who does a lot of specialty work and has a lot of experience with Monaco coaches. I realize they are too far to do anything but maybe give you some idea who might be able to help in your current location.

Are you sure the motor is leaking fluid vs. maybe just a blown hose or leaking fitting at the motor?
Old 03-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
https://www.google.com/search?q=saue...=11&gws_rd=ssl

Lots of previous threads on this issue...you are definitely not the first.

Good Luck

http://www.precisionfluidpower.com/c...1e6hoC1kbw_wcB
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #6

hdraulic fan leaking

what is the year and make of your coach.
most likely you have blown the shaft seal and will need to replace the motor. it is probably a sauer danfoss motor. you can limp along by connecting the two hoses together with a hose made up at the hose shop and refilling the hydraulic tank with dextron trans fluid. motor is pricey but try NW Rv parts in Oregon they may have one half price.
laundry guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:13 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMarc95 View Post
Well, after traveling back North with my "new to me" dynasty, I am now stranded in Georgia... one of the fans on the radiator is leaking hydraulic fluid like crazy! Lost power steering and coach started to overheat. Now I am stuck! Looks to be leaking from a gasket/seal on the fan motor. Can anyone help me with a recommendation around the Marrietta GA area that can fix this? What a way to start my new RV adventure! ANY help would be greatly appreciated! !!
Why not plug the fan off that is leaking and try to make it home on one fan, I would think with this cool weather and if you drove at 55 or 60 it should be ok.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:20 AM   #8

Alliance Coach in Wildwood FL is 7 hours down the road from you. They were the east coast service facility for Monaco before going private. Closer than Oregon.

505 Monaco Way, Wildwood, FL 34785Phone: (352) 330-3800
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #9

Sorry all for the late reply. Finally made back home to Indiana early this morning. After several phone calls, I was able to find the fine folks at Jack's Truck service in Marietta Ga. They were able to locate the problem which ended up being the fitting on top of the fan. They were able to fix it and get me back on the road in no time at all! I want to thank everyone that has responded to me in this thread! You all have been a huge help!

Tags
fan, leak, need help, radiator