Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Need Help Replacing This Cover!!

If you look closely, you can see this cover for all the buttons at the drivers seat is cracked and broken around the parking brake. (the result of the previous owner, I could never be so ham fisted)

Anyone know who can fabricate one of these?

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	2422   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	2423  

DEG503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
David,

I haven't ordered from them but this might be a source. Mega RV Parts, The #1 Source for RV, Motorhome, and Travel Trailer Parts.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
could this be it.

Home Store Search Basket Contents Checkout Sign In

Appliances
Awning & Accessories
Bath Fixtures
Bedding, Pillows, Fabric
Cabinet Hardware
Chassis
Chemicals
Dash Accessories
Gauges
Smartwheel
Doors
Electrical
Electronics
Fresh Water
Furniture
Hardware
Inverters/Converters/Transfer Switches
Jacks, Couplers, and Air Springs
Jewelry and Charms: RV themed, and Crafts
Leveling Systems and Slide-out
Lighting
LP Gas
LP, Smoke, and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Mirrors and Vision Systems
Misc. RV Accessories
Switches
Toilet Repair Kits
Toilets
Trim and Molding
Vents/Covers/Escape Hatches
Wastewater
Window Coverings
Windows
Heating and Air
Fabrics (Monaco & Countrycoach)
Advanced Technology Side Panel Quantity in Basket: none
Code: AP2832
Price: $59.00
Shipping Weight: 3.00 pounds
Quantity: Advanced Technology Side Panel Mfg Part #AP2832 Dash Does Not Include Switches or Gauges

Northwest RV Supply, Inc. copyright 2009 Policies Email Us
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
CLOSE!!!!

Wow Richard, I thought you had it! But, mine needs 4 rectangular holes right beneath the transmission shifter and the one you found has only 2. Everything else was identical!

David
Old 01-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Summit Products will make you one out of polished stainless, for about $150.00 -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
custom dash panels

Here is another link for dash panels... I think they have templates for Monaco (and others)

www.custominstrumentpanels.com/monaco.htm
Old 01-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I bought a dash radio panel and a couple of other panels from Proto Fab. They might be able to help. If you can see the back of the panel there should be a part number. They can be reached at Proto-Fab, Inc - Welcome to our website!

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
making progress

It looks like any one of these fabricators could do the job, I did find out that the Actia/monaco part number is either pl-1433 or ap-2538. that came form the folks in Elhart that made it.

Anyone know who might have one of those on the back shelf?
Old 01-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Whatever you decide to do, when looking at your photo, it appears to me that the main reason for the cracks in the panel is due to the pulling and pushing of the Air Parking Brake to activate it and release it. My panel which is Burlwood and completely different is showing similar signs but with the same Air Brake Knob. I would suggest beefing up the back side of the replacement panel, especially if it is plastic, with some sort of rigid metal. Then when using and releasing the brake, you won't be putting so much stress on the plastic panel.

David, Northwest RV Supply in Oregon has some dash panels similar to the one you need. Richard S. pointed out one for you which didn't have enough openings, however here is another one, Code PL2062, that may work for you that would have an extra opening that you could fill with a "blank" that Northwest RV Supply also carries. And you would only need to drill a couple of small holes to accommodate those extra controls located in the middle. Also, if you give them a call and talk to Niabi, and send her a photo on email, sometimes they don't have everything from their store on the web site. She will rummage through the back end and possibly find you an exact one that will fit. She has found a lot of stuff for me that wasn't listed on their store web site. Another idea would be to purchase the first panel from NW and trace where the other two openings would need to be located, then drill some small starting holes and finish cutting the two openings with either a nibbler or a small fine hole saw. Well, after looking at the other panel again, I believe it would not be a long enough panel and would not fit your opening at all, sorry. It appears that the PL2602 would be the correct size and just add the two holes you are missing.

OMHO Good Luck !!

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3547web.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	2430  
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Very good advice Dr.! Higher in the thread Summit products was listed, they would do a replica in Stainless and I think that would handle the stress of the parking brake you are talking about. The panel was cracked like this when I bought the coach a year ago. If you firmly, but with control, push the PB down, there is not a lot of stress put on the panel, my guess is the prev owner was just popping it down with a good hard slap. But I've been milking it for 13 months and its time to get it fixed.

I'm going to call niabi tomorrow. It looks like the one in your picture would be the proper length.

By the way (BTW) what does omho mean?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG503 View Post

Very good advice Dr.!

By the way (BTW) what does omho mean?
Only My Humble Opinion.......

Glad that you may have something that will work for you.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
David......It does look like the air brake was released a little roughly, but the biggest issue with cracking these panels is overtightening the screws. They can only lightly tighten them. I know this doesn't help your current situation, but it applies to all of the other dash panels.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Over tightening of the screws WILL lead to cracking of the plastic. Also, Monaco mounted the parking brake to the plastic panel. When you finally find a replacement panel you might consider mounting the parking brake to a bracket that spans between the plywood console. That will totally uncouple the parking brake from the plastic panel. You might also consider screw caps that would provide a larger contact area between the screw and panel and also be more aesthetically pleasing.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Good News

NW RVSupply had the EXACT panel I needed. They hit me for a hundred bones. I don't think that price was too high but Summit was going to make me a stainless engraved one for 130. I believe it would have been a nicer product but 2 things kept me with the OEM. First, with the stainless cover, the backlighting would not have shown through, sure the buttons would still light up, but not the wording. Not a big deal but a small thing nonetheless. Second, the stainless might have looked TOO nice, in my old coach. The executive is a beautiful coach inside (I'm biased) but back in 97 things just weren't as flashy as they are now, I think the stainless would have stuck out as a little too much bling on my old steed.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David