Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #1

Did you know if you turn the co-pilot seat in the same direction multi times you will do damage to the wires and plugs that power the seat. Sure you do, thats a no brainer. Well guess what? Yes, it happened to me. Wondering if someone with a 06 Endeaver or there abouts can look under your co-pilot seat where the wires come out of the floor then off the splitter what wire connects to what color wire. I have a black and orange from the splitter and a black and gray where it used to be connected. I am assuming the black to the black and orange to the gray but not sure and would rather not cause more problems with wiring the seat wrong. Thanks for your help cause I always need it.
Best regards,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #2

Did you know if you turn the co-pilot seat in the same direction multi times you will do damage to the wires and plugs that power the seat. Sure you do, thats a no brainer. Well guess what? Yes, it happened to me. Wondering if someone with a 06 Endeaver or there abouts can look under your co-pilot seat where the wires come out of the floor then off the splitter what wire connects to what color wire. I have a black and orange from the splitter and a black and gray where it used to be connected. I am assuming the black to the black and orange to the gray but not sure and would rather not cause more problems with wiring the seat wrong. Thanks for your help cause I always need it.
Best regards,
Old 05-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ours did the same thing,I made the wires a bit longer,no more problem.
If you hook the wires up wrong the seat switch will work backwards,just switch them back.
rvtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Ed S...This photo is from our 2007 Diplomat. Does it help?

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:05 AM   #5

Thank you for your help in this matter. I will try to reconnect the wires. Just hope there isn't any disconnects further up the line into the seat cause it is not easy to lay on the floor and try to work on the wires up under the seat. Sure I would have to remove the seat to fix.
Best regards,
Old 06-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #6

Still not fixed after reconnecting wires. Check for power to the foor rest switch, there is but will not work. Checked for power to seat switch, seems there is none. /there is no way a guy like me can lay on the floor and get my hands in where all the wiring runs up between the frame and seat. Not real sure why the foot rest isnt working with power at the switch at least.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also F50 & F49..Also 15 Amp, section C408. Listed as S/O power for both driver and pass side. Not sure what S/O stands for.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Haven't tested them, but I believe those would be for 12v lights in the front slides. (S/O = "slide out".) There are fuses marked similarly in the inside rear fuse panel for the rear slides.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #8

I assume the fuses are good since I do have power at the first connector of wires coming out of the floor and power to the foot rest switch. Again, foot rest not working along with power seat.

Ed
Old 06-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Ed,

I don't have my motorhome handy to look at the wire configuration, but a couple of things come to mind. If the seat worked before the wires came apart, and you are absolutely sure you have power at the wires coming out of the floor (when checked against the ground wire in the seat harness), then the problem has to be that some wire(s) became disconnected when the harness came apart. First thing to check is all the pins in all the connectors. Give a gentle pull on them and see if they look to be all the same length inside the connectors. Perhaps one of the pins was pulled loose inside a connector and isn't making good contact.

If that all checks out, then you almost have to get further up into the seat to continue checking continuity all the way to the various motors. If you must pull the seat to do that, it's not hard to do. Just takes a socket wrench to get it separated from the pedestal.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #10

Man I feel stupid now, I removed the seat and checked all wires. All seemed ok. Then I thought I would use the volt meter again. Power ? Sure. Ok lets check to see how the driver seat reads. Wow, now I know how to read the volt meter!!!! The fuse was bad.
Thanks for all your thoughts and help!!! Now just need to find the replacement fuse.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #11

Thanks Sacs, The spares are not a curcuit braker type fuse as current in the power seat slot. Have not been able to find a replacement fuse yet and may have to hit an elect supply company to see if they can order. I could take the one out of the power hose slot since I do not use often until I locate a replacement fuse.

Thanks one and all!!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #12

Had to order these fuse curcuit brakers from Monaco parts, couldn't find available any where. $3.00 and some for each so I ordered a spare being that I am a big spender. Thought I would pass this on.