Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #1

Need hubcap - can u help?

We currently own a Monaco Dynasty 1999 with a roadmaster chassis. To make a long story short, the neighbors dog has been hiking his leg and using the front wheel for his bathroom. The hubcap is rusted and we would like to replace it. We have visited and called locally the RV places and have not been able to locate one. None of the truck stops have been able to help us either. We cannot contact Monaco for replacement and would like to know where to get a replacement hubcap. Thanks for any help.
ballison is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
http://www.realwheels.com/classic_20.html

good source of hub caps. Get a stainless steel and let the dog pee away. I bought some of their baby moons with cut outs when I installed oiler hubs. MUCH better quality than OEM. Just be careful, they have some bling items that may be hard to resist.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ballison, thank you for joining iRV2. Sorry you are having to deal with an irresponsible pet owner that cannot keep his dog under control. You might be a bit mean and mix up some yellow liquid and go poor it on his door step
Ken
Old 07-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I am in the same boat, I am looking for a source for some jam nuts and nut covers for the same type wheel liners on a 2001 Ambassador. I was looking for a source other than Monaco, hoping to save a few bucks. Seems nobody knows who manufacturers the ones I have. So, guess I will have to order from Monaco tomorrow. They are open because I ordered a couple of items last Friday.

Hope your find a match or a new set, you may try a couple of salvage sites like Colaw in Missouri.

Have a great day Happy Trails Bert
Old 07-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
For JAM nuts and LUG nut covers give Dicor a call

http://www.dicor.com/WheelAccessories.aspx
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check with a body shop, an older body man would be better.

Many body shops know of shops that can Re-Chrome a bumper (I've had one re-chromed a couple of times due to folks rear ending me) They should be able to make your existing hubcap look just like new.. in fact as good as new. Way less expensive than a new one as a general rule.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Two more to check out.
http://www.phoenixusa.com/

http://www.kaperii.com/index.php?id=628
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #8
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
And don't forget to wire 110 to the hubcap in question. I think the dog will get the message.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
If you happen to stop in at a large truck stop for fuel or food, it would be worth a look in their chrome shop.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Don't know if this will help or not, called Monaco yesterday to order parts for my wheel liners, 2001 Ambassador, they had the jam nuts, but not the chrome covers. They gave me the following info but do not know if it will apply to your year. If I had 4 jam nuts holding on each cover and the front and rear jam nuts may be different sizes, they were of the WheelMaster brand, if I had 2 jam nuts and all the same size, they were of the JAE Enterprise brand. Mine are the latter. Ordered the chrome nut covers from JAE without a problem, they are shipping today. They are larger than those commonly found at Camping World or at truck stops. There website is at www.eagleflight.com if you want to check there. If that is what you have, they would probably be able to replace 1 liner, not a whole set. Hope this is of some value to you. I also agree with the 110V wire attachement.

Have a great day Happy Trails Bert
Old 07-23-2009, 07:48 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have Eagle Flight front covers (Simulators is what they are called) on my Workhorse.. Very nice. bit different from the Workhorse OEM but very nice. You can get 'em at some Chrome Shops.

If you are in Florida try the I-75 Chrome Shop Or if in Iowa Iowa-80 Truck stop.. Odds are you can walk in and walk out with them.. Any decent Chrome shop should carry them.

By the way, to a Trucker "Chrome" is any decoration on the truck, not necessarly chrome
Old 07-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The OP's coach has 22.5 aluminum wheels with a center "baby moon" hubcap. Probably chrome plated steel. Anything other than stainless steel will not hold up to the elements and rust. Make sure the replacement is stainless steel.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote