Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2021, 12:07 PM   #1

Need schematic for Monaco hydraulic slides

My slides started leaking fluid and will not remain closed. I would like to remove the cylinders for repair.
Cav 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2021, 12:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome aboard!

The year, make and model of your Monaco would help us help you.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Welcome aboard!

The year, make and model of your Monaco would help us help you.
2003 42' dynasty. If anyone has any documentation, i.e., PDF file or experience getting these repaired, it will be most helpful.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:50 PM   #4

If it is a LCI Lippert system this may help.
https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...ideout-Web.pdf

I had a local heavy equipment center rebuild my cylinder but did not seem to work very long, in the end bought new cylinder from LCI
Old 05-17-2021, 02:26 PM   #5

It's great to have lots of info on your rig and every system.But you should just be able to label the hoses. If they are very close and a easy to mix up you would want to label them anyway and take pics.
Label each cylinder location and length or number of turns for back nut on each cylinder . To keep same slide adjustments.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris155 View Post
If it is a LCI Lippert system this may help.
https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...ideout-Web.pdf

I had a local heavy equipment center rebuild my cylinder but did not seem to work very long, in the end bought new cylinder from LCI
Thanks for your experience with rebuilding the cylinders. I am a little concerned about that ao I think I'll go with new. Who is LCI?
Old 05-18-2021, 09:14 AM   #7

I wouldn't just pass on a rebuild idea because of past issue someone had at piticular place ...no disrespect. Those small rod cylinders have a bushing that really need replaced besides the seals. Just replace seals and rod will not stay centered wear out the seals. Usually the whole end assembly can/should be replaced. The internal seals and wipers on piston would probably never wear out in MH slide use. But those rod bushings probably get abused. Most likely the cylinders are sourced from popular manufacture. Sometimes they will have OEM labels from manufacturer but if reseller want your money then not. Some pumps will have special #s put on bearings to push you to buy theirs when it's popular off the shelf size.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:22 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah, there's nothing special about the seals that need to be replaced. My local small-town hydraulic shop had the seals in stock and turned them around quickly.
Here's my experience with the rams:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/nee...ut-431958.html
I had to cut notches in my curb-side slideout
Being a 2003 dynasty, I'd imagine yours are the HWH rail system like mine (not LCI). Look around the extension arms, back inside and outside of the storage bays and you should be able to locate some part numbers. Then get on the HWH website. It'll take a while but you'll eventually locate their manuals and procedure to purge air from the cylinders.
If I were doing it again, I'd pull the sync cylinders also and have them rebuilt at the same time.
Cheers,
Walter
Old 05-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #9

My internet search skills are lacking but I'm still searching for manuals. I did locate one PN on the North/south cylinder which I assume is the sync cylinder. It appears in good condition with no leaks. I'm going to put the Duchess in a local RV repair shop tomorrow and I should quickly find out if they have a clue on how to get the cylinders out. I'm convinced the cylinders that are leaking support the passenger side kitchen slide. Am I correct that the driver side slide needs extending for access and that the hydraulic pressure must be released prior to loosening the lines?
Old 05-24-2021, 12:14 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Well, I wouldn't recommend searching the internet at large for HWH hydraulic documentation. It's on the HWH website. I also attached some of the documents that I downloaded from their website. Get your part numbers, and you'll be able to find information on the HWH website. They'll also answer the phone, which is nice. It's been a couple-years, but I got an engineer on the phone and he walked me through some of the challenges.
https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml44100bx_so.html
Yes, the slides MUST be extended, or else you will not get the forward ram out, so do NOT disconnect any hydraulics till you understand the process and get prepared.
The cylinders live inside those rectangular tubes. With the slides extended you'll see cutouts in the side of the rectangular tubes where the rams are attached at the outboard ends.
The inboard end of the ram is on the other side of the coach, attached to the rectangular end plate. There's not enough room for the ram to clear the side of the coach and angle down&out the bay doors, so yes, you'll need to extend the driver-side slideout and look for a hole for the ram to come out of.
On mine, the forward ram comes out a hole next to the front driver-side arm. (covered up by the lower skirt of the sliedeout when closed). And the rear ram comes out through the wetbay door.
Have fun...
Walter
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CYL_REPLACEMENT-ml19241.pdf (30.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf PARTS-mr412005.pdf (35.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf RAIL-ml23567.pdf (425.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf Sync Cylinder Operation ml37955.pdf (147.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-24-2021, 12:43 PM   #11

Walter, you have been most helpful. I'll have my laptop with these loaded documents to ensure the technicians have a working knowledge of the system and procedures before a wrench is brought to the work site. I'll let you know how it went. Again, thanks so much.
wr, Dennis
Old 05-26-2021, 04:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav 6 View Post
Walter, you have been most helpful. I'll have my laptop with these loaded documents to ensure the technicians have a working knowledge of the system and procedures before a wrench is brought to the work site. I'll let you know how it went. Again, thanks so much.
wr, Dennis
Shop removed slide cylinders today and tried to order repair kits from HWH but were informed no such kit existed but they could supply new ones for $398.00 each. I'm going to pick up the cylinders and do some leg work for repair kits. Any suggestions?
Old 05-27-2021, 06:12 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Take them to any shop that does hydraulic cylinder repair
Cheers
Walter
wamcneil is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, monaco, slide