Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #1

Need some information

We just bought a 1999 Monaco Windsor with one slideout. In order to retitle the coach in South Dakota, I need to know the width of the coach and the unloaded or empty vehicle weight. The coach is in Florida and I am currently in New Jersey. My mother-in-law, who we bought the coach from would be no help in getting us this information. My father-in-law who passed away in November was the one who took care of everything related to the coach. I placed a call to Monaco requesting this information but never got a call back as we all know what they are going through. If anyone has this model or would know where I can find this information, I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. Bryan
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
CampingCaptain,

There is a product archive section on the Monaco website. Might be able to find something there. http://www.monacocoach.com/products/archive.html#1999

Do you know what dealer your FIL bought the coach from? They may be able to help. Also would any of this info be on the FL registration?
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #3

Bob,
I checked the Monaco archives already and the only figure I could find is "Roadmaster Chassis with 29,000 GVWR." The Florida title shows a "WT-L-BP" figure of 11540. Unless I'm wrong, it seems that the coach should weigh more than 11,540 lbs.

Bryan
Old 03-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Bryan....What length do you have? The archives show that your coach is a "wide body" which would mean 102" width. I think you can get a pretty good idea of the weight by looking at the archives of a newer model that matches your length.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Bryan....What length do you have? The archives show that your coach is a "wide body" which would mean 102" width. I think you can get a pretty good idea of the weight by looking at the archives of a newer model that matches your length.

Hi Don,
According to the archives, body width is 100.5" so I guess I'll call it 100. All that I can find, even for newer models, is GVWR figures, not the unloaded weights. Any idea where I can find that on the coach itself?

Bryan
Old 03-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingCaptain View Post
We just bought a 1999 Monaco Windsor with one slideout. In order to retitle the coach in South Dakota, I need to know the width of the coach and the unloaded or empty vehicle weight. .............. help. Thanks in advance. Bryan

Bryan
There should be a couple of stickers and metal placards on the wall to the left of the driver with the information you need. There should be one with the GVWR numbers and another sticker with the UVW which is the number you are looking for. My 1997 Dynasty 38 foot has a GWVR of 31,500 and a UVW 27,020 which should get you in the ballpark.
See if you can get your motherinlaw to read you the stickers and I bet you will get one of the numbers that is around 4000-5000 less than your GWVR and that shoud be your Unladen Vehicle Weight
Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom49 View Post
Bryan
There should be a couple of stickers and metal placards on the wall to the left of the driver with the information you need. There should be one with the GVWR numbers and another sticker with the UVW which is the number you are looking for. My 1997 Dynasty 38 foot has a GWVR of 31,500 and a UVW 27,020 which should get you in the ballpark.
See if you can get your motherinlaw to read you the stickers and I bet you will get one of the numbers that is around 4000-5000 less than your GWVR and that shoud be your Unladen Vehicle Weight
Tom,
Thank you for that information. I'll have my wife call her mother in the AM and see if she can find the placard you are referring to. I'll let you know.

Bryan
Old 03-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Bryan.....It may be gone by now or never had one, but most coaches had a sheet of paper glued to a door somewhere in the coach that has all of the specs for that particular coach. Mine is on the door of the bathroom medicine cabinet. In other RV's I've owned, it has been in the coat or clothes closet.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Bryan.....It may be gone by now or never had one, but most coaches had a sheet of paper glued to a door somewhere in the coach that has all of the specs for that particular coach. Mine is on the door of the bathroom medicine cabinet. In other RV's I've owned, it has been in the coat or clothes closet.
Thanks Don. I actually got a phone call from Monaco today and I had a nice conversation with the Gentleman (Doug). According to him, not all coaches were weighed going out the door in 1999 and that they would randomly select a coach from each product line as it was being built. Our coach is still in their computer but the only weight that he could give me was the GVWR which I had already learned from the original brochure that I just got my hands on. I decided to just fudge a figure based on the weights given to me by tom49. If South Dakota doesn't want to accept the weight I give them, I'll have to take the coach to a set of scales and get it weighed. The GVWR of the 1999 Windsor is 31,300. I guesstimated the UVW at 26,960. My mother-in-law, with the help of a neighbor, did go out to the coach and look for the stickers that tom49 had suggested. There was a sticker with the GVWR, tire sizes, tire inflations, etc. but nothing with the UVW. I'll just have to see what happens.

Bryan
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Out here on the "other" coast, you can get a temporary use permit that usually lasts for 10 to 14 days, so that you can drive the vehicle without current reg.
Then go here http://www.catscale.com/locator.cfm, find a scale near you and have it weighed. Only costs around $12.00
You are going to need unladen and laden weights anyway in order to set your tire pressures.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote