RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I need some help from someone with a Thetford Tecma macerating pump toilet. I needed to replace the controller, and I accidently pulled the wires off the water solenoid without noting which way they go back on. They came off right at the solenoid and they could go back on either way. One wire is blue and the other black. Could someone look behind their toilet and, referring to the diagram here, tell me if the <span class="ev_code_BLUE">blue</span> wire goes to lug number 1 or 2?

If your installation is like mine, there is a cover on the "box" behind the toilet that can be lifted up and the sonoid can be seen with a flashlight.

Thanks much!

Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I need some help from someone with a Thetford Tecma macerating pump toilet. I needed to replace the controller, and I accidently pulled the wires off the water solenoid without noting which way they go back on. They came off right at the solenoid and they could go back on either way. One wire is blue and the other black. Could someone look behind their toilet and, referring to the diagram here, tell me if the <span class="ev_code_BLUE">blue</span> wire goes to lug number 1 or 2?

If your installation is like mine, there is a cover on the "box" behind the toilet that can be lifted up and the sonoid can be seen with a flashlight.

Thanks much!

Old 09-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Robin,
We are probably the only other people with this stupid toilet...of course it is only stupid cuz it uses so much water!
Looking at it from the top, the blue is on the left...which according to your diagram is lug #2...
...here's hoping that the two were wired the same!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:58 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I don't have one of the macerating toilets and wasn't even aware they were offered on these coaches. But from the tone of y'alls posts, I guess I'm glad I don't have one.

I've heard that you should be careful when adding some of those bumper-mount ultrasonic deer-whistles – if you put them on backwards they will attract the deer instead. And that if you install batteries in a flashlite backwards, it will cast a shadow instead of a beam of light.

Glad ˜Mama got the polarity question answered for you, Robin. If you get those two wires reversed at the pump, does that mean the pump would have... EWWWW! Never mind!

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:34 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mama,

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much for taking the time to get down on your knees with a flashlight and look for me!!

I like the toilet, but you are right that it takes a tremedous amount of extra water. We are going to the Greensboro NC Monaco rally and I don't know how we're going to dry camp for 5 days with the thing. We'll be calling the honey wagon for sure.

Ron...

GREAT message! I knew where you were going half way through and started laughing. By the end of the message I was busting a gut, and everyone in the office was looking at me really funny-like.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hey, glad I could liven-up your work-day.

And I may venture to say this probably isn't the first time they've looked at you like that

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
But in all seriousness, is that toilet standard on the new coaches? Or was it an option? I didn't know it would/could be offered at this level.

The concept seems good, but your statement about the water-usage kinda turned me off to it. We can just about make 5-days with gray-water and easily with black-water, but if this thing is going to use/dump a lot more than that, it doesn't seem all that feasible.

Makes me wonder if the incinerator-toilets like I've seen for some boats might not be a better concept. (And I shall refrain from mentioning anything about campfires here).

Old 09-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Robin...
Sacs is the one who got his head down in there through the top...I did take some pictures...but decided no one wanted to see the "workings" of the toilet...so I typed the message in ...after double checking the photo to make sure I understood what you were asking...
Now ... we just spent from Sunday to Friday AM dry camping at the other rally....along with showers and doing dishes... so I know you can manage to dry camp also...unless you are more full of "it" than me... and I doubt that!!

Old 09-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Robin...
Sacs is the one who got his head down in there through the top...I did take some pictures...but decided no one wanted to see the "workings" of the toilet... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well then, please pass my "Thanks" along to Sacs!!

Ur probably right - no one wants to see photographs of the inside of the toilet workings.

I think the trick to longer times between having to empty the black tank is in the conservative programing of the water level. While programing, you have to let up on the two buttons the instant water starts rising in the bowl. That's my theory, anyway, and that's what we'll try in Greensboro.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ronboc:
But in all seriousness, is that toilet standard on the new coaches? Or was it an option? I didn't know it would/could be offered at this level. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ron,

It's not an upgrade option - it depends on the floor plan. You get the Tecma toilet whenever the floor plan dictates that the toilet cannot be placed directly above the black holding tank. That would apply to the SFT, I think the SKQ (with he foreward galley), any coach with a rear bath, or any coach with two toilets. I think it also comes standard on some higher end coaches.

I really do like it, other than the amount of water it uses. It completely eliminates the possiblity of black tank odor getting into the coach. It looks just like the toilet that you might find in any home, except it has no holding tank, and it has the electric push-button flush pump mechanism. (I haven't yet added the Toto Jasmin S300 seat, however. )
Old 09-25-2007, 03:10 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info, Robin. And yes that explains why they use it. Seems like a good idea.

Several years ago, we were looking at SOB coaches and one of them had a full-wall slide that did contain the entire bathroom in the slide. As I remember, the toilet was situated directly over the rear wheel-well with the sink & shower farther to the rear. There was this nightmarish Rube-Goldberg arrangement for the flexible-pipes to be able to snake down and back when the slide moved in/out, along with bungee-cords to keep it all in alignment. It was a mechanical marvel, but I was very worried about its potential future problems.

On the other hand, it also had 4 (count 'em FOUR!) tv's... One in the front overhead, one under the kitchen cabinet, one in the rear bedroom, and one in that bathroom! Guess you're not supposed to worry about broken pipes if you can watch Jerry Springer in comfort.

Ron

Old 09-25-2007, 03:54 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ronboc:
There was this nightmarish Rube-Goldberg arrangement for the flexible-pipes to be able to snake down and back when the slide moved in/out, along with bungee-cords to keep it all in alignment. It was a mechanical marvel, but I was very worried about its potential future problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, that sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen. I remember when kitchen slides first came out there were problems with the plumbing on them. Don't hear about those problems much any more. I'm not aware of any Monaco floor plans that have a bathroom in a slide, thank goodness. Interresting that they've started putting bathrooms over the engine, all the way to the rear. That kind of makes sense, I guess.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">While programing, you have to let up on the two buttons the instant water starts rising in the bowl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Robin....I can tell you that Sacs had better luck adjusting the water amount by turning off the water pump at the level he wanted it. It seems to us that the 2 button adjustment tends to add a little more than we like...
Have fun...and be careful of all the food & alcohol...very easy to gain weight!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Robin....I can tell you that Sacs had better luck adjusting the water amount by turning off the water pump at the level he wanted it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I didn't know that would work. I'll try it. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have fun...and be careful of all the food & alcohol...very easy to gain weight! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I can't gain any more weight. There wouldn't be anyplace for me to put it.