RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Need to Remove a Cabinet

I need to remove this cabinet over the night stand in the bedroom.

I gave it a cursory look and couldn't find the fasteners anywhere. What's the trick to remove one of these things?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #2

Dennis, If its anything like my coach My cabinets have false bottoms in each cabinet with a felt fabric lining the inside of it. They are designed so that you can run electrical in under that liner. They are hard to pry up because of such a tight fit, but mine will, and under that liner is the cabinet fasting 1X's. That will be how the upper cabinet is also fastened to the lower as seen in the pic. I just upgraded all my surround sound equipment and was able to access that very area for the retrofit.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:55 PM   #3

Dennis,

1Doodadd is correct, there is a false bottom. At the top of the cabinet just inside the face frame there is a 1/8" finish strip that hides the screws at the front of the cabinet. it is just tacked in place, gentle prying and it should come off.

However, I think there are more screws coming down from the upper cabinet, access I think is thru the high voltage breaker panel above...not completely sure about that.

Good luck,
rvhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for the leads. I know there are wires in there because there is a generator start switch on the bottom side of the cabinet. I'll give it a looksee.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Okay, I pulled up the carpeted bottom shelf in the cabinet and saw lots of wires, but no screw heads. I figure the screws would have been going in left to right into the side wall or into the back wall?
Old 10-01-2018, 11:52 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I just removed a cabinet under our dinette last week. Most of the screws were in the top and bottom frames, but they were counter sunk at an angle. They are square drive screw heads and tough to take out. A long square drive bit helps.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #7

Those are called pockets.......used in modern cabinets a lot
2010 Rockwood Sig Ultra lite 5er 8280......'99 Ram 2500, Cummins. 4x4.....Pullrite Superglide.......Use to work in calender factory.....got fired for tak'n a few days off.....RV Mutant 186.....Bob the Builder...
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Okay, I pulled up the carpeted bottom shelf in the cabinet and saw lots of wires, but no screw heads. I figure the screws would have been going in left to right into the side wall or into the back wall?
Dennis,

Did you find the thin finish strip inside the cabinet face frame at the top I mentioned in post #3?
rvhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvhotrod View Post
Dennis,

Did you find the thin finish strip inside the cabinet face frame at the top I mentioned in post #3?
I don't think so. I felt around, but couldn't see very well. I need to get in there with a flashlight.