Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2017, 05:22 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
In addition to those mentioned, I would check the following:

1. Roof seams and seals. One of the first things I did was Eternabond and caulk all seams on the roof. A little water can do alot of damage.

2. Get an oil and coolant analysis done from a service like JG Lubricants. Buy an Engine Oil Analysis Kit Today | Engine Oil Analysis Service
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2017, 07:16 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
In addition to those mentioned, I would check the following:

1. Roof seams and seals. One of the first things I did was Eternabond and caulk all seams on the roof. A little water can do alot of damage.

2. Get an oil and coolant analysis done from a service like JG Lubricants. Buy an Engine Oil Analysis Kit Today | Engine Oil Analysis Service

thx, veraken!

I was up on the roof last week to look it over and determined I needed to do as you've suggested. I was thinking dicor self-leveling and eternabond all 'round ... yes?

I exchanged pm's with Tom Johnson last night to clarify type / qty of tests to order and will order today.

I'm also thinking I should get a water pressure gauge that I've seen referenced here ... don't remember the brand / unit, but I've bookmarked it on my phone so will check that.

thx again for the feedback!
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:58 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radacravitz View Post
thx, veraken!

I was up on the roof last week to look it over and determined I needed to do as you've suggested. I was thinking dicor self-leveling and eternabond all 'round ... yes?
That's what I would do/did. With the age of our MH, I think it's worth the investment.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:36 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
That's what I would do/did. With the age of our MH, I think it's worth the investment.

super, thx for the feedback.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
New '95 dynasty owner here ... feedback, please

these two bottles of ATF are in the coach. are both OK for use in the hydraulic fluid reservoir?

thx in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2734.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	173324
Old 08-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 97 , and recently had water leak on a side seam (those little strips of plastic that are below the roof-line on the side) the old caulking in it was dry and cracked... took a bit to find it. Used Dicor Self-Leveling Lap Sealant, took a tube and a half for both sides to redo them. There may be another product that you could use there, but I trust Dicor so that is what I used.

If you have the original air-dryer , you'll need more than the cartridge when you want to refresh it, It's another part that goes inside.. I cannot remember what it is, but it's pricy for both. I actually could not remove the cartridge on mine and just bought a whole new air-dryer that uses a much cheaper cartridge.

Just some stuff that might want to check that were problems I had:
Check that your propane detector and carbon monoxide detectors are functional. I found that mine were disconnected :(

Check that your water heater, and fridge function on AC & Gas. Mine didn't, But I was able to use them on gas.

If you have a light switch in the cabinet that is a 3-way switch, it is for switching between dishwasher and washer/dryer, they both run on the same 20-amp breaker.
saltcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltcreep View Post
I have a 97 , and recently had water leak on a side seam (those little strips of plastic that are below the roof-line on the side) the old caulking in it was dry and cracked... took a bit to find it. Used Dicor Self-Leveling Lap Sealant, took a tube and a half for both sides to redo them. There may be another product that you could use there, but I trust Dicor so that is what I used.

If you have the original air-dryer , you'll need more than the cartridge when you want to refresh it, It's another part that goes inside.. I cannot remember what it is, but it's pricy for both. I actually could not remove the cartridge on mine and just bought a whole new air-dryer that uses a much cheaper cartridge.

Just some stuff that might want to check that were problems I had:
Check that your propane detector and carbon monoxide detectors are functional. I found that mine were disconnected :(

Check that your water heater, and fridge function on AC & Gas. Mine didn't, But I was able to use them on gas.

If you have a light switch in the cabinet that is a 3-way switch, it is for switching between dishwasher and washer/dryer, they both run on the same 20-amp breaker.

great info, thx very much!

the detectors appear to be working fine. but I'm actually thinking I might pull the fuse on those and install a couple of the 10 year battery devices so readily available today.

we haven't had much chance to go over everything so i'll spend this week going through the appliances and firing things up. I know the fridge works on gas but I need to fill the water tank and test out the water systems.

thanks for the heads up on the air dryer, I'll give that extra attention.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome to the 1995 Dynasty club !! Lots of good info already given , only issues we've had with ours has been cleaning contacts, relays and such.. I do all my PMs ... Exercise that generator at lest monthly !! I had my starter rebuilt as preventive mant Oh I did replaced the water pump no problem about 20 minutes .
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
thx!

i've got a couple of things to post that i'd like feedback on over the next few days.

thx again for the welcome :-)