Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
So, today is Thurs. It's been two weeks since we ordered the tow bar plate. Called today and still not ready. Aching to get moving. Still feeling the results of half our items being onboard and half not.
Need a dress this weekend...set up the ironing board...BUT...the iron is onboard. Guess I'll be wearing a wrinkled dress.
Sort of sad that the blossoming of flora in New England will be missed by us. Today it was 97 degrees here in south Fla...
...sigh...hope we get going soon.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Today is Monday, 6/21. Still awaiting the tow bar plate to be ready. Called several times today and they say it will be finished by July 2nd... ARE YOU KIDDING? That's only when the manufacturing of it will be completed. It then has to be transported from Oregon to Fla. We also called the RV repair place because the basement latches are not in either. Turns out, the numbers were not Monaco numbers, but the number of the company making the latches. This is getting crazy. Even the carpeting wasn't cleaned yet, and we requested that over a week ago!
Do you believe in Divine Providence? What exactly is it, the universe needs to teach us? I know, patience. Sheesh...the summer will be over before we get on the road.
PS...had to call comcast again...initially told them to shut everything down two weeks ago...then one week ago..now...well...
Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
With all this 'adventure', before you even hit the road, I can't wait to hear what the next chapter brings.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
With all this 'adventure', before you even hit the road, I can't wait to hear what the next chapter brings.

Hi Guys...
We are laying low...the frustration level is hitting EXTREME...the only good thing is we were supposed to meet friends at the PA 1000 trails this week and they had a tornado!!! So, maybe, we're just being protected by the powers that be.

Hoping the tow plate comes soon
Old 06-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #47

Sorry about the eventful start to your Rving adventures. You will appreciate the the adventure even more when you finally start. We are all pulling for you.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
well...time to buy a lottery ticket...several of you have sent us messages on how to get moving...one fabulous couple suggested another company to purchase the infamous tow plate that is holding us up. So...we called...they had ONE left...we ordered it...they shipped it...oh my gosh...we see the light at the tunnel's end. Thank you all for being so helpful. (kicking up feet and humming...rolling, rolling, rolling on the river...yeah!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
It's 1:37am and I'm penning my thoughts to total strangers. Having vivid dreams which jarred me out of slumber...are they of the proverbial Boogie Man? Nope... they are chassis dreams. Intensely digested an article in MotorHome Magazine right before sleep and envisioning our 36 ft mortgage payment disintergrating as we make our first trek. This can't be a good omen. Maybe it's the full moon rearing it's shroud of light that activates these dreams. Someone said a full moon affects dreamstates two days on either side of its appearance.
Need some "happy camper" anecdotes...please send.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
It's 1:37am and I'm penning my thoughts to total strangers. Having vivid dreams which jarred me out of slumber...are they of the proverbial Boogie Man? Nope... they are chassis dreams. Intensely digested an article in MotorHome Magazine right before sleep and envisioning our 36 ft mortgage payment disintergrating as we make our first trek. This can't be a good omen. Maybe it's the full moon rearing it's shroud of light that activates these dreams. Someone said a full moon affects dreamstates two days on either side of its appearance.
Need some "happy camper" anecdotes...please send.
Jill,

Dreams are how your brain rests. You must dream even if you don't remember your dreams. I have had many dreams that I could fly and also many dreams that I was naked in a public place. Neither of those has come true yet. I suggest you read about something pleasant before bed or watch a comedy show. If the motorhome is a source of frustration don't let that be the last thing on your mind before the sand man comes to visit.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:44 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Jill,

Dreams are how your brain rests. You must dream even if you don't remember your dreams. I have had many dreams that I could fly and also many dreams that I was naked in a public place. Neither of those has come true yet. I suggest you read about something pleasant before bed or watch a comedy show. If the motorhome is a source of frustration don't let that be the last thing on your mind before the sand man comes to visit.

Bob
Bob...
Good suggestions. Regarding the "naked in public." I hear those RV rallies are ahead of their time. (wink)
Old 06-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Hi All...
Very good news...still being recorded in our "stix house" however. The tow plate original order was cancelled when we found a closer state that actually HAD one and didn't have to manufacture it. We're tracking it since last Fri. when it left Missouri. Tonight it's in Tennessee. Hopefully, it will be in Thurs and attached Friday.

Second bit of good news is that we found the basement latches. Steve ordered them (10 in all) and they'll be here by Friday. Wow...things are happening...not quickly, but at least at 33 and a third. (wishing for 78 speed but that won't happen) Younger readers probably won't get this.

Please send some fun RV stories...we need encouragement.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:39 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Hi All...
Very good news...still being recorded in our "stix house" however. The tow plate original order was cancelled when we found a closer state that actually HAD one and didn't have to manufacture it. We're tracking it since last Fri. when it left Missouri. Tonight it's in Tennessee. Hopefully, it will be in Thurs and attached Friday.

Second bit of good news is that we found the basement latches. Steve ordered them (10 in all) and they'll be here by Friday. Wow...things are happening...not quickly, but at least at 33 and a third. (wishing for 78 speed but that won't happen) Younger readers probably won't get this.

If you are in a hurry put on a 45 and select 78 for the speed!

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #54

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
......Younger readers probably won't get this. .
Heck Jill, there is an entire generation of "ADULTS" who in their entire life have never seen/heard (unless in a museum)
  • Wood fired cooking stove
  • Vinyl records (no matter 33 1/3, 45, or 78)
  • Rotary dial telephone ( nor a two piece or crank phone)
  • Black & white TV
  • Milk bottles
  • Slide rule
  • Floor mounted starter button (car/truck)
  • Party lines
  • Radio drama
  • Vacuum tubes
  • Ice box (and I'm not talking about a camping cooler)

Darn, I feel old!
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #55

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

OK, here's a short one:
On our first "long" (2 week) RV adventure in Rocky Mountain National Park.
  • On our way home,
  • Stopped at a restaurant for dinner (civilization, you know)
  • Applied parking brake, turned off RV engine,
  • Got up, walked outside to stretch my legs,
  • DW hollers from inside, "Honey, come here!" (already a bad omen)
  • Climb inside and she says, "You won't believe this; The sink fell out."
  • Took a look, and indeed the kitchen sink had separated from the countertop and was laying in the bottom of the cabinet. (broken dishes and water all over the inside of the cabinet.)
Lesson learned:
Always remove all items form sink before moving. (there was too much weight in the sink)
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #56

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Try these on for yuks...

so far I haven't been arrested for it