Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
If lubricating the awning doesn't do the trick. On my Carefree, it was an easy task to take the end cap off and check for 12v. The motor is common, used for automotive electric windows. The part number is stamped on it and they are available online.
bklaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2018, 09:39 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations on the coach. Looks like your problems are very minor and I'd bet you can figure them out since you have that kind of skills. If you want to check the fridge, just make sure you're getting 12-volts and plug it into an outside extension cord. If it works all you have to do is fine where the 120-volt line is losing its power
Old 08-06-2018, 06:00 AM   #17

Hey, thanks for all the replies. "so this is a monaco coach"?

Is that good? Did monaco make the holiday rambler?

More good news. I got the fridge to wake up and start cooling with 110v AC. However, it will not turn off using the panel on the front. I had to open the outside cover the pull a fuse?

the TV does come on now, but no picture. it looks original. Probably need to do an upgrade.

thanks again, dale
dale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:12 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
If the TV is 3x4 aspect ratio, and not 16x9 (longer rectangular) then it is most likely original and definitely analog, which is no longer transmitted over the airwaves. It will play back a cable feed. If you want to watch over the air signals, you'll have to upgrade the tv, or buy an analog to digital converter box and use its digital tuner.
bklaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:26 AM   #19

I will chime in on the slow awning. A common problem is the barrel connector that is mounted through the coach wall to provide power and controls. Because of its location corrosion is a problem. Unlock it, spray with a contact cleaner, reconnect and try it again. Works on mine!

If you need to verify that the motor is good, there are two metal contacts on the front end cap that you can apply a 12v supply to and see if the motor pulls. Reverse the polarity to run it the opposite directions.

On the "no A/C" for the refer, if you have 120v at the outlet behind the outside access panel, you probably have a blown fuse on the control board behind the same panel. If you replace the buss fuse and it blows again you have a bad heater element. No big deal to replace!

Keep at it. Just routine problems. Have had every one of them occur with me but never all at one time!
Old 08-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #20

Ok, thanks again to all replies. i'm going to try all of those things as soon as it stops raining after work.

I drove it up to Loves to have the LP filled. as soon as they started adding gas a line leading away from the tank under the floor was spraying gas like crazy. the lady started yelling at us to get out of the camper. wife was more impressed than ever. no bikini

I"m going to need tires soon if not now. they are 7 years old and dry in one spot. I guess where they have been sitting.

BTW. the fridge will not turn off with the front panel. I have to go outside and unplug a 12v wire from a panel on the wall. I can plug it back in and the fridge does not come back on until i press the power button on the front panel.

thanks again, dale
Old 08-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #21

BTW. the side window next to the entry door is completely clouded over. can not see though at all. was a bit is a safety hazard driving. are replacements available? thanks, dale
Old 08-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale1 View Post
BTW. the side window next to the entry door is completely clouded over. can not see though at all. was a bit is a safety hazard driving. are replacements available? thanks, dale
There are a number of companies that specialize in repairing these windows. The are double paned windows much like in a house so you may find someone locally or you can also do it yourself if you are handy. search this forum for discussions on this issue.

Good luck
Old 08-07-2018, 08:12 AM   #23

Those double pane windows are repairable but if it's clouded that bad
the glass may be etched by the moisture inside .
Since it is safety glass ( tempered ) the process is complicated

because you can't just cut a new glass .

However I believe a new glass can be ordered from the window company ,
probably Atwood .
Here is another co that may be able to help .

http://parkin-acc.com/Pdf%20RV%20Win...eck%20List.PDF
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #24

OK, thanks again.

I ordered a new step assembly. the motor was busted "physicially" i think it was because the mechanism is worn out or has been stuck.

Dumb questions.
1. can i lift the coach off the ground with the levelers?
loves truck stop guy asked me that one?
2. Tires. Man, looking at the owners manual is like taking a algebra class.
without measuring the coach, what is a ball park figure for air pressure?
It has 275/70 22.5s now. I would like to go to 295/70 22.5s. for cost sake. the dot date stamp is 2011. so i'm a little concerned.

thanks again. dale
Old 08-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #25

Monaco posted a recommended air pressure somewhere

Mine is a sheet on the driver side wall down low by my seat .

You are right to be concerned about the age of your tires , 7 yrs
is potentially dangerous IMHO .
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale1 View Post
OK, thanks again.

I ordered a new step assembly. the motor was busted "physicially" i think it was because the mechanism is worn out or has been stuck.

Dumb questions.
1. can i lift the coach off the ground with the levelers?
loves truck stop guy asked me that one?
2. Tires. Man, looking at the owners manual is like taking a algebra class.
without measuring the coach, what is a ball park figure for air pressure?
It has 275/70 22.5s now. I would like to go to 295/70 22.5s. for cost sake. the dot date stamp is 2011. so i'm a little concerned.

thanks again. dale
You can replace the step motor rather inexpensively. For a coachstep (brand) it is a Ford Tarus widow motor. Bought it from amazon and changed the plug. Had one physically break the housing when it deployed on a curb and I stepped it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can lift the coach off the ground if you place blocks under the jacks. HOWEVER IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED. When the back tires come off the ground you loose the parking brake.

Lastly, 7 year old tires are at their end of life. I had a steer tire fail this June at 5 years and 10 months! My cutoff will now be 5 years!

Enjoyed your thread, Have had every one of your problems over the last 7 years(except propane) but never all at one time.

Good Luck
Old 08-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #27
YC1

I hope it is not too late:
Welcome to the forum:

IF you lift the coach with the jacks use jack stands too.

NEVER EVER RELY ON THE JACKS HOLDING THE COACH UP:

You will be amazed how quickly these jacks can drop and what things can cause them to retract. I promise you it is faster than you can slide out from under.

You have a great RV but remember it is not a youngster. Sitting for a year is a problem but you are getting it sorted out.
If the refrigerator is the original it is past its lifetime in my opinion. There may be two outlets in the back with one being run by the inverter when not connected to shoreline.

Post your refrigerator model for more specific help.

We men are very simple animals. We want a bucket of chicken, a girl in a bikini, and don't block the tv. Very very simple. Keep the girl happy and maybe hide a bobble "jewelry" that is someplace inside. After all, she let you buy an RV so she deserves a nice present.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:57 AM   #28

OK, thanks much. I wont get under it without support.

I put two new A/C covers on last night. One had a squirrel's nest they were evicted. looks great. I upgraded to to black ones.

i found the label behind drivers seat. that helps a lot. I have not switched the plugs on the fridge yet.

I found the build sheet. $346 thowwwwsand dollars in 01. My house cost 126k in 01. My house now is not worth 300k. Geeze.

So, I think it is worth saving. the wife is not convinced. she is an old banker and thinks we should be investing in retirement instead. Gotta pull this off, and make the woman happy