Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #1

Hi there all Monaco members I am brand new at this site and would like some help. First of all how will I know if someone responds to my questions, will I be notified by e-mail that someone has responded? Or do I have to log in daily to this site to check? My question is about my 2004 Monaco LaPalma gas motorhome which we have owned for 5 years. I have never had any problems with it and have taken care of all re-calls. The last recall was on the brakes and I had all new rotors, pads , and calipers replaced. I was able to tow my dingy vehicle Jeep wrangle for some 3,000 miles and no problems. Since then I now tow a honda crv about same wt. and have brake problems on the coach. It seems my brakes are heating up constantly and have had them re-check by camping world and they can't find any problem. Has anyone else had this experience or have any suggestions.
Thanks
Tommy V
Tommy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to the IRV2 Forums. If you wish to be notified if someone replies to a thread that you started or have posted to you can subscribe to the thread and set the notification to email. To subscribe to a thread look at right hand side just above the first post to the thread for "Thread Tools" Click on "Thread Tools" then move down to "Subscribe to this Thread" and click. A new window will come up and you can select your notification method from that screen. To manage your subscriptions click on "Quick Links" then move down to "Subscribe Threads".

One other place you want may want to change is under the "User CP" which is your User Control Panel. Once you are in the User Control Panel look on the left hand side of the window and you will see a list of items. Scroll down to "Edit Options" and click. Once that screen comes up look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and change it to what you want the default to be. You probably do NOT want "Instant Email Notification" as that can get you a lot of email as the system will send you an email everything someone post to a thread you are subscribed to!!

If your CRV does NOT have auxilary braking then you should install one as it will reduce the impact on your coach's brakes.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2
zip0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and welcome to the forum.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Tommy,

welcome on IRV2. Lot's of info here. And yes if you don't have supplementary brake, you'll be taxing the MH brakes a lot.
Dynasty_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome Tommy,

You did not state which chasis you own, Ford or Chevy. Also how long since the last recall? I owned a MH with Ford Chasis and found the brake slides should be lubed at least every 2 yrs. Also the brake fluid should be flushed and replaced if starting to discolor. If the slides start sticking, the brake pads will stay extended against the rotors and will get hot. I have no experience with the Chevy chasis so cannot help on it.

Good luck,
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #7

Thanks

Thank you to all who have welcomed me so far to the site. Nice response so far. Also thank you for those who have offered suggestions on the brake issue. I have it back in the shop and will pass on the information and have the slides and fluid checked.
Tommy V is offline   Reply With Quote