Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Pmedalen
New Member!

Hello to everyone! I have just recently retired and having a blast! My husband, Arnold and I own a 2004 Monaco Windsor 40 Deisel Pusher. We travel with our cat, Purcy, who loves it. We haven't been too many places but now that we're both retired (I was the last hold out ) we plan to take some great trips across our wonderful country. I'm open for suggestions from all you more seasoned travelers!

Patricia Medalen
Modesto, CA
Pmedalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedalen View Post
Hello to everyone! I have just recently retired and having a blast! My husband, Arnold and I own a 2004 Monaco Windsor 40 Deisel Pusher. We travel with our cat, Purcy, who loves it. We haven't been too many places but now that we're both retired (I was the last hold out ) we plan to take some great trips across our wonderful country. I'm open for suggestions from all you more seasoned travelers!

Patricia Medalen
Modesto, CA
Welcome!!
Ron
Old 08-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #3

Patricia, Welcome to the forum and congrats on retirement. Enjoy your travels.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

We have enjoyed most of our RV adventures, but one of the best was two weeks in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. With a motorhome, you can stay right in the park at the various campgrounds. Campsites are usually on a first come basis, so check in early. The rangers at each campground conduct a talk during the evening on various subjects. Many of these rangers are summer volunteers from various backgrounds. These very fantastic and I highly recommend them.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #5

Arnold and Patricia !!!!

Enjoy your retirement, and many safe and happy travels. Each and every state has something great to offer. And don't forget our neighbor countries to the North and South. Sharon and I are retired, but I have a very rewarding part time job that "forces" me to travel to a lot of states for 3 months at a time, once a year. I'm never at a lost for fun things to do in my non working hours.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #6

Welcome, I also travel with my two cats and they do very well. Both like to walk on a leash around the campgrounds.

My favorite place to go in mid September is Moab Uath, great red rock area and each area so different. All within a short drive from Moab:

Arches NP
Canyon Lands NP, 3 areas Island in the sky, Needles district, Maze district,
Dead Horse State Park
St Route 128 in Utah, great road
Fishers Tower

Need at least two weeks there, try Tag-a-log Tours for great day trips.
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #7

Hi, Patricia:

Since you're on the West coast already, I'd suggest a trip up the Oregon Coast and then into Washington, following 101 until it meets Highway 20. Then head to Port Angeles and take the ferry across to Coupeville and head up to our home town of Anacortes.

Lots of things to see - ferry runs through the San Juans, even to Vancouver Island. I wouldn't recommend taking the RV, though, it's very pricey. My sister, who lives in England, reckons that Anacortes is where God comes on his vacation. She says it's the only place we've lived in the US where she's jealous. She's visited us in Tidewater Virginia, Bothell WA and Everett WA.

Anacortes ia a fairly small town, around 18,000 population. The majority of residents are retirees and there aren't a lot of youngsters. It still has that small-town-America feel. A friend who was born and raised here when the population was less than 5000 said that if you got into trouble on your way home from school, your folks knew about it before you got home.

We love it here, even though it's a little bit farther away from our children and familes than optimal.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank damp, my wife's sister, Sandy, lives in Anacortes, and we absolutely love visiting there. Everything you said is just right. We will be vacationing on the Oregon coast in our RV next month and can't wait. We are going up 101 as you suggest, with stops in Benbow in CA, and Bullards Beach State Park and Beverly Beach State Park in Oregon....can't wait to get started!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome, my wife and I also reside in Modesto but not retired and make Jackson Rancheria RV park our second home.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We also vist Jackson Rancheria. Very nice park! But only go there in the fall winter and spring as it gets way to hot for me in the summer. Yesterday it was 106! We try to get over to the coast to get out of the heat. Half moon bay has a state park right at the beach but is usually books up quickly. Thanks for the welcome.
Arnold & Patricia Medalen & Purcy
2004 Monaco Windsor
2012 GMC Terrain
Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We have made several trips up the northern CA and Oregon Coast. We both love Oregon! Our favorite park was Sunset Bay State Park. We do plan to get up into Washington and Canada. There's just so many places we want to go, now that we have the time, it's hard to decide where to go first. If you ever get down this way I highly recommend Lassen Volanic National Park. What a beautiful place! We stayed at Manzanita Lake Campground. Check it out.