Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #1

Hello, I'm Alan and my wife is Sandra. We live in Florida. We both just retired from Publix Supermarkets and purchased 1995 Monaco Dyansty.Have been reading the forum, Seems there is a lot for me to learn about my new to me coach. I will be posting questions for you experts,as I have quite a few. Just wanted to check in and learn how to post. I will check later to see if I did this correctly. Thanks
flattop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #2

Hello, I'm Alan and my wife is Sandra. We live in Florida. We both just retired from Publix Supermarkets and purchased 1995 Monaco Dyansty.Have been reading the forum, Seems there is a lot for me to learn about my new to me coach. I will be posting questions for you experts,as I have quite a few. Just wanted to check in and learn how to post. I will check later to see if I did this correctly. Thanks
Old 12-06-2007, 03:04 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome aboard Alan and Sandra. I envy you being in Florida, but we are on our way to your great state in Jan 2008 for the remainder of the winter.
I am sure you will enjoy your new coach and all the experiences it will bring.
Just as I had to learn, there are no stupid questions on this forum. We all have to learn our coaches and they challenges they present at times.
Again, welcome to our group.

Chuck
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome flattop, to a great website. Congrats on the Dynasty and retirement! We are also very close to being free to travel full-time.

Not too long ago we were new here, not sure what questions to ask or what the responses would be. Everyone here is extremely helpful so just jump in. And check out the other sections on this site for all types of info.

Be sure to ask the magnificent moderators for inclusion in the Monaco Owner's Forum and you will get the special Monaco title and karma with your name. Post often and let us know about your adventures.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:11 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi flattop -

Welcome to irv2 We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often, and when you want to be a official member of the Monaco forum just let me know.

And congrats on the retirement as well as the coach. Dynasty's are great, we know a lot of folks that have 'em and love 'em, including my doctor - who has 10 kids!! (they've converted theirs into more of a rolling bunkhouse).

Thanks!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:38 AM   #6

Thanks Ourtime,Gonefishing and Ronboc for the welcome.For my first silly question. My manual says my coach has a C8.3 Cummins. Reading posts about different engines ISL,ISB'ISC. etc. Does the C8.3 mean its an ISC engine. Want to clarify this befoe my next silly question. Thanks
Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Good question that I can't answer. If you call Cumings Tech Support @1-800-343-7357 they will be able to give you all the info you need.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
The C8.3 is a mechanical engine, and the ISC is electronically controlled.

From Wikipedia;

The Cummins ISC is a straight-6 diesel engine, design by a Cummins production line, which is 8.3 liters in displacement. This went into production in March 1998 by Cummins. The engine was built off its predecessor, the Cummins C 8.3-liter engine originally introduced in the late 1980s.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dirk,
Did the 8.9 L ISL evolve from the 8.3 ISC?

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I recall that the ISL was designed to replace the ISC as the ISC was not able to meet emissions standards easily. Cummins felt a new design (ISL) would be a better solution.

I don't know how much, if any of the ISC design was used in the ISL.

That's how I recall it. If I'm incorrect, someone will chime in.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Route 66:

From Wikipedia;

The Cummins ISC is a straight-6 diesel engine, design by a Cummins production line, which is 8.3 liters in displacement. This went into production in March 1998 by Cummins. The engine was built off its predecessor, the Cummins C 8.3-liter engine originally introduced in the late 1980s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, I'm a little confused here, no surprise there, if he has a 95 how could he have the 8.3 if the 8.3 went into production in 98?

BTW, welcome flattop to IRV2.com!! This really is a great place for not just techo questions, but for gathering all sorts of information from a lot of great people!!
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Originally posted by Route 66:

From Wikipedia;

The Cummins ISC is a straight-6 diesel engine, design by a Cummins production line, which is 8.3 liters in displacement. This went into production in March 1998 by Cummins. The engine was built off its predecessor, the Cummins C 8.3-liter engine originally introduced in the late 1980s.
Ok, I'm a little confused here, no surprise there, if he has a 95 how could he have the 8.3 if the 8.3 went into production in 98? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read it slow....
The ISC went into production in March 1998....Is is electornically controlled..(Good old computers). The C-8.3 was the predecessor to the ISC. It was mechanically controlled. (No good old computers). The c-8.3 was introduced in the late 80's. Both are 8.3 Liter which is the confusing aspect.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:45 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SacsTC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Originally posted by Route 66:

From Wikipedia;

Ok, I'm a little confused here, no surprise there, if he has a 95 how could he have the 8.3 if the 8.3 went into production in 98? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read it slow....
The ISC went into production in March 1998....Is is electornically controlled..(Good old computers). The C-8.3 was the predecessor to the ISC. It was mechanically controlled. (No good old computers). The c-8.3 was introduced in the late 80's. Both are 8.3 Liter which is the confusing aspect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Got it, thanks!! Darn post-op meds
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote