Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2020, 06:48 PM   #1

New member hoping I am on the right forum as to fixing a water pump light

My wife and I just swapped our 35 ft triple e commander class a for a 1998 Monaco Dynasty 40 ft. We are pretty exited to take as good a care as it has had in the past. Could any one tell me how to fix the light that should come on when the water pump switch is turned on. It is in the bathroom and is a three panel switch / ceiling fan/ water pump / light. Do I need to replace the entire switch panel and if so where will I find a replacement. Thanks in advance for any insight. cheers JJ
JMCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2020, 07:40 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Is it just the light that doesn’t work... turns pump on? Often you’ll have more than one location to turn the pump on... reason for the light on the switch. You should be able to push the switch out of the bracket...squeeze the taps down on top and bottom.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:49 PM   #3

I got a new light at Lowes. easy to replace
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:57 PM   #4

Good evening JMCruiser; Congrats on the new to you Dynasty. The Dynasty is a great coach with quality build. You can find the red indicator light for the water pump at Amazon and any RV supply place. As HR2004 mentioned, he found his at Lowes. Will have to look the next time I am in Lowes. Easy to change and they do burn out. If you do some searching on the web there could be a possible LED replacement. Just replaced my 120V water heater indicator light on my 2001 Windsor with a LED. Got it from Amazon!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:59 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your new purchase.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:27 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I just replaced mine.

I’m assuming this is what you’re talking about.
You can get either red or green.

JR Products 13315 Green/Black Indicator Light for Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031XOYCS..._L3ipFbJGEAYR6
Old 09-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #7

Good afternoon JMCruiser; I got your PM and responded on the question about your water pump indicator light. Not sure my response went through so if you did not receive anything from me please try again.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:23 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
The original lights had incandescent bulbs and they tend to burn out relatively quickly.

Try to make sure the replacements use LED lamps which use a lot less electric and should last a lot longer. They come packaged identically so you have to look close to find which type of lamp is used.
DFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:26 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You're gonna love that new Dynasty!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:50 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I have two of those switches, one in the wet bay, one in the bath and one big square lighted toggle over the door. Anyone find a replacement for the square one?
Old 09-09-2020, 10:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
I have two of those switches, one in the wet bay, one in the bath and one big square lighted toggle over the door. Anyone find a replacement for the square one?
Dennis, are you talking the green one that is momentary, rocks up or down but returns to center? I have not been able to find that. There are some that look the same but are not momentary. If you find this please post.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #12

Good morning Dennis & Rusty Kramer; I have purchased, not installed yet, the square green water pump switch that is on the panel above the passenger seat. I got it from NW RV Supply in Eugene Oregon. You can find it listed in the switches section of their web page. It is a momentary switch, but it is not a return to center switch. You could mount it in either direction so you push the switch at the top to activate or install it 180 degrees to push on the bottom of the switch. I have not been able to locate a switch that returns to center. If someone else finds one please let us know! P.S., Here are some part numbers I have. S16614111. Also Monaco part# 16614110 & one from Guaranty RV, Part# RLT80A18V. That's all I know!
Old 09-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good morning Dennis & Rusty Kramer; I have purchased, not installed yet, the square green water pump switch that is on the panel above the passenger seat. I got it from NW RV Supply in Eugene Oregon. You can find it listed in the switches section of their web page. It is a momentary switch, but it is not a return to center switch. You could mount it in either direction so you push the switch at the top to activate or install it 180 degrees to push on the bottom of the switch. I have not been able to locate a switch that returns to center. If someone else finds one please let us know! P.S., Here are some part numbers I have. S16614111. Also Monaco part# 16614110 & one from Guaranty RV, Part# RLT80A18V. That's all I know!
Hey 8.3 I just received that same switch from NWRV also I thought I was set but, I called since it was not momentary(looked the same) The rep told me it would not work the same. I think if you turn that new switch on the other switch in the Bath or outside in the wet bay will not be able to turn off the pump.

Maybe I am wrong someone will correct this but it is kind of like a 3 way light switch I think..... If yours works let me know. The rep at NWRV told me they have been trying to find someone to manufacture the momentary type for years with no luck...
Old 09-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #14

Hi Rusty Kramer; I will have to go out to the coach and dig in my parts box as that is where the switch is and I think I got one that was not a momentary switch. Now I just need to remember which is which. I will post back later today after my search through the BOX. Could possibly be the one that I got from the parts department at Guaranty RV. Will let you know, what a brain I have!

Tags
new member, light, forum, water, water pump